Stock Ke70 Project :)

nt2074

Recently i have bought a 1984 cs ke70, i bought it off a nice 94 year lady :) so she had not been much of a daily driver, the car only had 45,500 km's when i bought it. garaged its whole life so the cars paint, interior, roof lining, chrome and anything you can think off was all in overrated condition. And i have a lot of plans for it :)

post-16722-0-59176800-1346630274_thumb.jpg

post-16722-0-04294500-1346630242_thumb.jpg

let me know what you think :)

Edited by nt2074

Members dont see this ad

Recently i have bought some 15x8 off my friend when he sold his s13 and i put them on the ke70 :) just need to fix the heigh problem any ideas for springs please let me know :)

post-16722-0-43468300-1346630598_thumb.jpg

i also got my guards rolled for the reason that every time i went over a bump with a couple people in the car (even with the height) it would scrub and was chewing the side of my wheels away. now just looking for some springs :)

Just cut one coil off each spring.. Those rims and tyres probably weigh so much that they overwhelm the suspension and bang and clatter over bumps, so a slightly rougher ride from shortened springs won't be noticed.

I reckon anything like Kings will have the car so low the tyres will be rubbig again.

Seeing the rims are no doubt defectable, cut springs won't worry you either.

Just cut one coil off each spring.. Those rims and tyres probably weigh so much that they overwhelm the suspension and bang and clatter over bumps, so a slightly rougher ride from shortened springs won't be noticed.

I reckon anything like Kings will have the car so low the tyres will be rubbig again.

Seeing the rims are no doubt defectable, cut springs won't worry you either.

thank mate, what about shocks? i read somewhere that shocks and chops springs go alright?

Dude, your car already has shocks, what are you talking about?

Don't cut your springs because it's illegal and they don't seat properly in the spring perch, buy lowered springs.

Otherwise cool car, please don't ruin it ;)

Dude, your car already has shocks, what are you talking about?

Don't cut your springs because it's illegal and they don't seat properly in the spring perch, buy lowered springs.

Otherwise cool car, please don't ruin it ;)

thanks man! :) yeah I'm trying to keep it as clean as i can :) and i just herd that i need better shocks? and what springs do you recommend?

thanks mate!

Well that depends on what you want to do with the car: If you want to hit the track, go for an adjustable XT130/AE86 coilover set up up front, either off the shelf or custom made. Note that adjustable coilovers are usually illegal, also quite expensive. And get some lowered springs for the rear, then find some short stroke rear dampers (VL-VS Commodore rear damper are a good length).

If you just want to lower the car cheaply, get some lowered front springs (heaps of options for AE86 that will fit, try www.ajps.com.au), don't worry about changing front dampers as the only dampers that fit are MR2 AW11 rears and they require customisation of the strut tubes to fit, you may as well go for the adjustable coilover option. And get some lowered AE86 rear springs as well, plus VL-VS Commodore rear dampers.

Well that depends on what you want to do with the car: If you want to hit the track, go for an adjustable XT130/AE86 coilover set up up front, either off the shelf or custom made. Note that adjustable coilovers are usually illegal, also quite expensive. And get some lowered springs for the rear, then find some short stroke rear dampers (VL-VS Commodore rear damper are a good length).

If you just want to lower the car cheaply, get some lowered front springs (heaps of options for AE86 that will fit, try www.ajps.com.au), don't worry about changing front dampers as the only dampers that fit are MR2 AW11 rears and they require customisation of the strut tubes to fit, you may as well go for the adjustable coilover option. And get some lowered AE86 rear springs as well, plus VL-VS Commodore rear dampers.

thanks man! il keep that in mind! i should be doing something about the height this weekend il upload photos when its done :thumbsup:

friend getting me a panhand rod and some different rear springs so i can cut and lower it this weekend :) just until i save up some money to buy ae86 strut and breaks and coils :) remember I'm new at this so if i have something wrong please let me know :yes:

• 1 month later...