Ae92 4Afc Help Me Please!!!

Myki91

Members dont see this ad

How do you know it's not overheating? Maybe your thermostat isn't opening up?

If you have changed the temp sensor and the gauge still says the engine is hot there are only a few things that could be causing it:

1) your engine is in fact overheating

2) your gauge is fooked

3) you bought a dud temp sensor

Edited by rian

ok, simple things first.. buy a thermometer that goes to 100deg C

Take of the radiator cap before starting it one morning, make sure it is full of water right up to the neck, then start it and let it idle until the temp gauge goes to the red.

You can read the temperature and note it every minute, and you will see it jump up when the thermostat opens. You can check that temp against the thermostat specs, 78 or 83 or whatever it should be. You can check the gauge reading against the thermometer and see what real temp the red zone is. Maybe it will hit 100deg, maybe it won't. You can also see bubbles coming up from a blown head gasket...

Then you will know what to tackle.

I had this happen to me, ONCE. In that instance, I blew the header tank on my radiator, and was very lucky not to seize the engine...

Given there is no computer in these cars to monitor engine temp and shut the engine down as a safe-guard in case of overheating, any shut-down of the engine will be by forced electrical (electrical contacts giving up) or mechanical (fuel evaporates before it can enter the combustion chamber) means only.