4Afe Swap To 7Afe - Help

Hans

Hey Everyone,

As the topic title suggest, i am hoping to go ahead with it.

I have researched the net over and over, and there conflicting information everywhere.

I am hoping for some of the knowledgeable and experienced members to provide some comments on this.

i have a 7AFE long motor(from an AE102X) at home and an AE94 Corolla with a 4AFE(1st gen)

for my understanding, i could swap the 4AFE to the 7AFE and given that the 4AFE loom will not have all the wires required for the sensors on the 7AFE block, it should NOT matter as long as the rest is connected up

the ECU will still think its the 4AFE motor and therefore the engine should still run.

would that be the case?

its going to be a straight swap. 4AFE out, in goes the 7AFE and everything all plugged up.

as for exhaust i know the difference of the taller block, but exhaust isnt really an issue, as long as i know the engine will run after plugging everyhting back up.

please advise, it is much appreciated!! :)

7afeblock.th.jpg

Members dont see this ad

I'm buy no means an expert on these motors but I assume 4afe and 7afe would have different timing etc from the size in cc differences, different redlines, power figures. I could pretty much guarantee it would be putting the right amount of fuel in.

General rule people say is if its not a stock engine you don't use a stock ecu.

Whats stopping you from buying the 7afe ecu and/or loom. These motors are pretty easy to get your hands on and would make the process relatively easy.

yea it seems to do it right, i will definitely need to swap loom/wiring etc..

as at yesterday, i amde the final decision to simply buy a 4AGE 20V Front cut and swap everything over.

only question now is...although this is quite common...

where are the 4AGE 20v Conversion to AE92 Threads!? :P

where are the 4AGE 20v Conversion to AE92 Threads!? :P

Twincam.org.au

Just be nice and don't ask silly n00bish questions, make sure you do a thorough search of the forums as this has been done lots of times (however a lot of info has been lost in the exodus from Twincam.org after "the American" bought it)

• 7 years later...