Marks Rt81

Mark90

Members dont see this ad

very clean always loved this shape and lookin dam near period perfect too. don't change it.

Thanks man! Always nice to get some good feedback. Just got back from a trip working away and went for my first cruise.. Realised I missed the smell hahaha

hey mate, just wondering if your corona follows bumps on the road?

Nah not really man, it's been pretty decent, rear end is a little bouncy cos the lowering blocks (also have one sagged leaf spring, rhs sits a bit lower than the left, will be fixed this week).

My only real handling issue is the amount of body roll I get out of the front end, anything faster than 30kph around a corner and I feel like I'm gonna fall out the window!

Thinking of doing a twin sway bar setup? Yours might follow ruts a bit cos you have wider wheels maybe? - I know that can be a cause sometimes.

Edited by Mark90

yeah mine is pretty body rolly too haha, i think the front end must be up the shit coz iv'e had 14x6, 15x7 and 16x7 mags on it, all have done the same thing, but i'm just gonna put the whole front end out of the one i picked up yesterday and see how it goes, it also has a bit bigger tunnel and a different box, if it fits in my tunnel i'll put it in too, its more like a corolla 4 speed

good job :y:

Thanks man. The colour is a little bit lighter than the original which sucks, it's pretty hard to notice though - I'm hoping only I notice it cos I know it's there. But if I ever crack the shits with it at least all it needs now is a lick of paint :) any luck getting that corolla?

nah i'm gonna leave it a week or so then get my mate who found the corona to give him a ring, i hope i can get it, its lowered with mags etc, it looks the same as my dads old ke15-17 sprinter, colour etc, he threw it to the tip 20 yrs ago, then thought he'd go back and get it, went back a hour later and someone had taken it haha, would be funny if it was the same one...

Edited by glenpos

nah i'm gonna leave it a week or so then get my mate who found the corona to give him a ring, i hope i can get it, its lowered with mags etc, it looks the same as my dads old ke15-17 sprinter, colour etc, he threw it to the tip 20 yrs ago, then thought he'd go back and get it, went back a hour later and someone had taken it haha, would be funny if it was the same one...

Good luck man! Here's a better pic of the back end, you can kind of see the colour difference where the rear panel meets the right hand rear guard. I suppose it'll do for now. Next on my list is getting two little shopping trolley dents out of my passenger side door. Drivers side is perfectly straight so it annoys me to see the tiny marks on the other side!

post-17081-0-81976700-1354190977_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My dad is a legend and heard me whinging when I saw these on eBay. He bought them for me for Christmas! 40 years old, NOS. never been opened and not a mark on them :) gonna feel bad putting them on.

post-17081-0-50536500-1356526988_thumb.jpg

I would like to get a really good set of the dress rings that go behind them, mine are decent, but would be good to find a really straight set. Any ideas? Here's a picture of the dress rings I'm after:

post-17081-0-70382900-1356527121_thumb.jpg

Lol. Thanks man il keep hunting. I need to clean the oily stuff from the factory off these new ones but don't know what's safest to use. I was thinking wax and grease remover cos it's a bit sticky and thick, but dunno how safe that is on chrome.