Marks Rt81

Mark90

Hey guys,

I picked up this beast a few weeks ago, she's a 1973 Corona, 4 speed manual with the 12R motor. When I bought her she was similar to these pictures, the paintwork was pretty neglected and dull but has come up nearly perfect with some love, I have also smashed some Whitewalls on and have just bought a new grill today (not yet fitted). She has 108xxx miles on her and is all original apart from being lowered, perfect interior and a sweet little thing to cruise in.

Toying with the idea of keeping her original or doing some kind of weber conversion etc on her - feel free to give me your opinions!! I'm on my iPhone at the moment, but will put up some more pictures when I get to my laptop :)

Cheers!

post-17081-0-11053600-1348485642_thumb.jpg

post-17081-0-38494000-1348485688_thumb.jpg

post-17081-0-71157400-1348485765_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark90

Members dont see this ad

Thanks man, she gets a bit of attention which I'm trying to get used to! Had a cop talk to me for like ten minutes at my local servo yesterday, first time in a while I've talked to a police officer without getting a fine haha.

Was having a few issues with my headlights, turned out they were just really shit quality semi sealed beams. Picked up some new decent sealed beams and she's problem free for now!

Was having a few issues with my headlights, turned out they were just really shit quality semi sealed beams. Picked up some new decent sealed beams and she's problem free for now!

do a headlight wiring upgrade while your working on your headlights, you will be thankfull that you did as your new headlights will then get full power from the battery instead of just a small amount of power that they are getting now

that and add in a couple of relays so the power is coming straight from the battery instead of going through 40 year old worn out wiring and getting severe voltage drop, you might find that your only getting 8-10 volts at the lights instead of the 14 you should be

its basicly like wiring in some spotlights but the wiring is going to your headlights instead

Edited by flyinwall

that and add in a couple of relays so the power is coming straight from the battery instead of going through 40 year old worn out wiring and getting severe voltage drop, you might find that your only getting 8-10 volts at the lights instead of the 14 you should be

its basicly like wiring in some spotlights but the wiring is going to your headlights instead

Makes sense :) I like your style!! I've got a few busy weeks ahead, il let you know how I go! Got a family thing in belair on Saturday so she's gonna get her first hills cruise!

Love it man! Perfect! Keep it exactly how it is, thanks for keeping the original wheels and hubcaps and putting the period correct white walls on it. :)

I drove a 1973 RT81 'Butterscotch' that was Butterscotch orange for 2 years YR12 and first year of uni, So reliable, loved by the ladies because it was so cute haha, drove it like 40 000km with no problems, upgraded to an 18RG RT104 since but will always love Butterscotch- she sits neglected in the shed at home now... :(