350 Chev Into A Ke30 Sedan

84DKE

Ok so I'm at the same point with my ke30, however requiring being basically P plate legal for another two years I've narrowed it to either L67 (supercharged ecotec) or a barra 4L.

Having the ability to do basically everything in terms of fab, engine work, electrics etc so hoping for a 'cheap' build but as the saying goes; "estimate cost, then double it"

Anyways OT if you want to do it don't let anyone hold you back. But... Weight/power wise, is it your best option? I do understand the whole idea of using something your familiar with to simplify things.

Members dont see this ad

Ok so I'm at the same point with my ke30, however requiring being basically P plate legal for another two years I've narrowed it to either L67 (supercharged ecotec) or a barra 4L.

Neither of those are P-plate legal in NSW, so are you going to leave the conversion until you get your full license?

Having the ability to do basically everything in terms of fab, engine work, electrics etc so hoping for a 'cheap' build but as the saying goes; "estimate cost, then double it"

Anyways OT if you want to do it don't let anyone hold you back. But... Weight/power wise, is it your best option? I do understand the whole idea of using something your familiar with to simplify things.

Dude with the new conversion laws you won't even be able to put those engines in legally for anyone.

HIJACK!

Just had this fall into my lap. I have since pulled it down to find out what's in it. And wasn't that a surprise.

post-8643-0-70453800-1352719061_thumb.jpg

Basically it is...

1966 Windsor 289 bored .060" to 297 cubic inches.

ACL Race Series pistons with chromoly rings

Big ʞ©$ɟing chrome sump

Rollmaster timing kit

Stage 2 Heatseeker cam

Ported heads with 302 stainless steel valves, threaded rocker studs and double valve springs

Edelbrock F4B intake manifold

Holley 600 with spacer plate.

Modified Boss 302 dizzy.

It's really clean and hasn't seen a great deal of milage. From what I've heard it spent 2 years in the car and then 7 years on the garage floor. So i'm just getting a gasket set and slapping it back together. Needs a dipstick, fuel pump plugs and leads and a longer oil pickup. Thermostat housing also.

post-8643-0-84474900-1352719936_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-99004200-1352719848_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-40526000-1352720026_thumb.jpg

Edited by GJM85

• 1 month later...

While i can seriously apprieate the amount of effort gone into your project and agree with you regarding 84dke ability to start his project and finish it....

i think your statement of owning the baddest corolla in the world is debaitable..i just don't get it? well done tho!

i think nathan's old cmefry corolla would be a contender for that...who else on here agrees or has any thoughts!

Yeah either Nathan Allen - CMEFRY or Mick Brasher - ULEGAL can lay claim to that title, but seeing as though nath's selling his i'd say brashers got it. Just my 2 cents :harhar:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...