Ke70 How Do I Build One?

macdaddy

ok so heres the plan i currently own a 1990 nissan patrol with the td42 diesle engine shes a pig and not to easy on fuel... i ve always liked the look of jdm type cars and thought well i could sell the pigrig and build one for my everyday drive.

ok so here is what i am thinking I'm gona have around 10k to spend on it i know some people will say geez thats way to much to spend but what the hell you only live once hahaha anyway i was thinking to start off i would get myself a ke70 i really want a coupe or a panal van but i don't think thats gona happen so ill have to settle with the four door flat front option. I'm guessing some cleanish is gona cost me around a grand from what my research has told me. then what I'm thinking of doing besides lowering it and wheels is a 4 age converson now ive had a blast around the website but reallly havent found that much on price if someone could help me with this and other stuff that i should do to the car that would be a massive help cheers (this project is still a few months away yet) just really would like some help from someone who maybe has done this before haha

Members dont see this ad

ok so heres the plan i currently own a 1990 nissan patrol with the td42 diesle engine, shes a pig and not to easy on fuel... i ve always liked the look of jdm type cars and thought well i could sell the pigrig and build one for my everyday drive.

First of all most 'JDM' cars are built for looks not comfort or drivability. 'JDM' is a genre of car styling that is complete wank factor and no practicality for the street, like ricers or bozo.

ok so here is what i am thinking I'm gona have around 10k to spend on it i know some people will say geez thats way to much to spend

I've spent nearly that much on my N/A 4AGE and its a piece of shit. Seriously.

but what the hell you only live once hahaha anyway i was thinking to start off i would get myself a ke70 i really want a coupe or a panal van but i don't think thats gona happen so ill have to settle with the four door flat front option.

Panos are around, hard to find for sure. If you want performance though I'd go for a sedan as they have the coil sprung rear end instead of leaf springs. 'Coupes' I'm guessing you mean a T-18, are also hard to find.

I'm guessing some cleanish is gona cost me around a grand from what my research has told me.

Add on fully hektik takumi tax, you can still find bargains but you will have to wait for ages and look for it. They are out there but getting rarer by the day to get a good deal.

then what I'm thinking of doing besides lowering it and wheels is a 4 age converson

Cheap, easy, easier if you get an AE71 as a base car

now ive had a blast around the website but reallly havent found that much on price

For an engine conversion plan between zero and your entire budget, its far too difficult to predict, maybe you'll be able to score a whole AE82 twin cam with a 4age for $500, maybe not. It's all how much you want to wait for good deals or who you know.

if someone could help me with this and other stuff that i should do to the car that would be a massive help cheers (this project is still a few months away yet) just really would like some help from someone who maybe has done this before haha

I suggest a lot more research, read some rides threads and work out how much people are spending. My front strut conversion has cost me almost your entire car budget and that is doing it on the cheap.

In saying that, think big and go fcuking hard.

i would say buy one that is already quality built by someone that knew what the were doing.

i cought my 3sgte converted ke70 with a heap of work done apsolutely finished on road for 5k. but i got very lucky as the fellow that built it spent 13k to get it to where it is.

i did buy a ke70 for 500 with plans to build it into a fully hektik 4agte conversion. but the more i looked into it the more it made me not want to even throw cash at it. so i waited for a built one to come up and i got my self a mad bargain that is one of the best conversion i have seen in a ke70 quality wize.

boo yah

ke70, how do i build one?

Eiffel tower, how do i build one?

Edited by Faun-

I've spent about $7k and mine is also a piece of shit. Absolute danga. It's quick but it's not enough to make your knuckles go white. It's an absolute ball of fun to drive though.

Either buy one already converted or budget out $10k+ for the conversion

ok so here is what i am thinking I'm gona have around 10k to spend on it i know some people will say geez thats way to much to spend

I've spent nearly that much on my N/A 4AGE and its a piece of shit. Seriously.

My front strut conversion has cost me almost your entire car budget and that is doing it on the cheap

$10,000+ front struts!?

Shit, i went down the xt130 big brake road, adjustable 7.2kg T3 coilovers and KYB AGX 4 way adjustable shocks and that set me back just a tad under $600.

But as for the budget, i reckon you could do that easy.

I spent $1000 on my ke70 with under 100xxxKs, spent $700 on a 100kw 4age with ecu and wiring loom and rwd inlet manifold,

gearbox, crossmembers, tailshaft and pedal box, they will set you back a bit. I got mine out of a car i got for $100 but that was very lucky ha. Expect $500 plus or minus here.

Then, all the tiny bits and pieces, fuel pumps, fuel lines, surge tank, filters, seals and gaskets that you may need, all those things that you find you need along the way, i would have spent around $700 there too. Not including a full custom exhaust system which i am yet to buy.

So, i would have pulled mine off for $3200 easy including the price of the car, and the rough estimation of what the exhaust will be.

Oh, the 4age i got was cheapish for $700 too, add $500 or so just to be safe, so $3700.

I have spent money on a lot of un needed things though, suspension wheels headlights interior peices etc though. Thats where you can put the rest of your budget anyway.

$10k is plenty enough in my opinion anyway ha

$10,000+ front struts!?

Shit, i went down the xt130 big brake road, adjustable 7.2kg T3 coilovers and KYB AGX 4 way adjustable shocks and that set me back just a tad under $600.

OP said his car budget was $1000, but his entire build budget was $10000.

I just thought I'd add in here, if you do this conversion properly and buy new parts (fuel pumps, clutch, cooling system, other parts that you really should replace when putting a 20 year old engine into a 30 year old car) you will most likely not be able to do it for under $3000. I've got receipts for around $1500 in parts that I bought new, and probably more receipts that I can't find. I get my parts cheap through work too.

Then I had to buy the engine, gearbox, engine mounts, gearbox stays, headers + new exhaust, custom intake manifold, engine cross-member, gearbox cross-member, gearbox mount, gearbox sandwich plate, hydraulic pedal box, speedo drive and a tailshaft or 4. All second hand parts that are way overpriced.

All the guys you see who say they have done the conversion for less than ~$3000 have either got an awesome deal on an engine or conversion package, not kept track of how much they actually spent, or they have ended up with a dodgy piece of crap car that doesn't work properly.

Edited by rian

Yeah or they did the smart thing and bought an ae71, and an ae93 sx and didnt have to buy much individually.

There is a propensity for young car builders to be stingy which leads to them not being willing or possible able to make a bulk purchase that will make things easier.

People complain about buying everything individually but they don't explore the other options.

For example, if you need ra40 struts and you can get a whole ra40 for cheap from somewhere, buy it, keep what you want, sell the rest. It takes time to do but it makes building your car much more affordable and you meet more car people along the way who can broaden your network of people that can help you find stuff.

$10,000+ front struts!?

Yeah I meant his 'car' budget not overall budget.

HSD kit $350

Shocks $100 (mates rates)

Slotted rotors $180

Reco'd twin pot brakes $170

Bearings $40

T3 camber tops $200

Needle bearing spring tops $60

Struts $Free

This doesnt count the RCA's, steering arms etc.