Ae92 Indicator Light Differences

Boosted

Had a search and found a little about the bumper differences between Series 1 and Series 2 Corolla's, but haven't found much more.

The car I've currently got is Jun 92 and according to the local Toyota parts interpreter there was a change sometime around mid 91, where the indicators get a different part number. The indicators for my model aren't available in australia and if they were they'd cost ~$160 each. Noice !

So that means we're back to looking at Taiwanese knock-off's or second hand units.

So... do the earlier lights fit the later model ? What other differences in headlights and whatever are there ?

The other corolla I had was mid 91 as well, so not real sure whether it was before or after the change over, but everything looks the same, just don't want to be caught out by a subtle difference.

Members dont see this ad

Your information is warm, from September 1991 the ae9x series was facelifted and revised.

Series 2 had the longer more wrap around indicator assemblys, there were additional amber indicators placed in the front guards - which made up for not having them incorporated into the parking light assembly like on the series 1.

Look on ebay for some indicator lenses, you can get amber units for cheap or there is the option of getting clear units also.

Both of what I'm suggesting are Taiwanese productions but the fit and finish is still better than buying used 2nd hand units.

Recently I decided to purchase some clear units for $49.00 and I'm quite impressed with them.

Series 2 amber front bar lamp.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Corolla-7-91-8-94-Front-Bar-Lamp-/261002253508?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc4f254c4

Series 2 clear front bar lamp.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Corolla-91-94-Front-Bumper-Lamp-Clear-Lens-/260889919383?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cbe403f97

No, the s1 model (with the side indicators in the front corner lights) are more angular to the s2 (side indicators in front guard). wreckers will be your best bet. You can also use nova LE indicators too...or you can always change the later front bar...

Cheers Ben-89, but looking for the ones up next to the headlight. Thought they were indicators ? or are they just park lights ?

Anyway, looks like that seller you've linked to has what I want, and it seems both of my cars are Series 2 then. Previously I was searching for AE Corolla, not just Corolla.

Still be interested to know if the series 1 lights fit into the same spot.

Did the series 1 have the repeater indicators in the side of the front guard as well ?

Bowler - Thought the Nova was completely different in the front guards, lights and everything ? Photo's I have seen show the bonnet comes a lot further forward and curls down slightly over the front grill.

- LIke ben, i thought you were referring to the bumper indicators. Nova is different to corolla for the guards and corner lights.the corner lights, with the side repeaters are s1, but you can swap over to s2 guards, and just use the s2 parker lights, which are about $40 each.

So S1 to S2, the guards are different and the corner lights won't swap ?

There was an odd guard on the old car as someone had butchered the hole for the repeater (the one just in front of the door), I thought that might have been the difference between the poverty pack model and the GTi version.

<< S2 corner lights + S1 guards + plus side repeaters tucked behind S1 gaurds = S1.5 with nice smooth lines with no orange warts on the guards.

police don't even look twice at my car has been like since i bought and that was bout 5 years ago and god know how long it was like it before.

Edited by MYSTIK