Ae86 Coil Overs Into A Ke70?

hi just bought a granny spec ke70 needs to be lowered I'm wanting to spend no more than $1500 on coil over just wondering if i can buy ae86 coil overs and put them straight in or do i need to modifie alot of stuff? iv lookd around and can't really find any info and yes I'm aware theres shit loads of lowering forums.

what is the best coild over/ easiest to install into a ke70 and where can i buy them form asap?

any help greatly appreciated thxs

post-14952-0-08929500-1351117178.jpg

post-14952-0-94585300-1351117186.jpg

post-14952-0-82134200-1351117193.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AE86 front coilovers go straight in. You just need the ae86 steering arms. Use the KE70 tophat or re-drill the towers for the ae86 ones.

Can't have coilovers in the rear of the KE70 without out a large amounts of mods. So just springs and shocks in the rear.

You'll want the ae86 fronts for the better brakes and upgrades KE70s suck ass.

You'll probably need a stronger diff the factory one can only handle ~150hp

There are no decent strut inserts for the stock struts. That's why people upgrade to the bigger strut tube (AE86, XT130 etc). Also means better brake upgrade options. Of you're just using it as a street cruiser grab some lowering springs. If you plan on more HP in the future then making it handle and stop first with a strut/brake upgrade is wise.

AE86 front coilovers go straight in. You just need the ae86 steering arms. Use the KE70 tophat or re-drill the towers for the ae86 ones.

I don't think that's true Leo. No need for KE70 top hats or redrilling towers. They bolt straight into the strut towers. You need AE86 front hubs as the stub axles are different from KE70 to AE86 and you will also need AE86 brakes. I don't think you need 86 steering arms. I'm fairly sure manual rack 86 knuckles are almost identical to KE70 knuckles.

Basically what the OP wants is the coilovers, some AE86 hubs and brakes and it should be all good. May want to throw in some RCA's too.

Ohh you guys. :D

I did notice a loss of castor in my front end but doesn't look like too much.

Didn't know about the steering arms. Lucky I bought my PS knuckles when I did then. I would have been well pissed off if I had to wait another 2-3 weeks before my suspension went in.