"rat Rod" Surface Rust. Illegal In Qld?

WillAnton

Hey all,

Let me start by saying that I put the "rat rod" in quotation marks as that this word has been basterdized and I realise that what I'm referring to is not actually a rat rod. It's just the generally accepted term now.

Anyway, having recently watched the latest mighty car mods ep, they rust up an old golf to give it the rat rod look. My question is, is this legal?

I know it would be a beacon for the police anyway, but as long as you're not breaking the law that shouldn't be a real problem. Just annoying I guess.

Has anyone done this or have any experience with these types of road laws?

Members dont see this ad

The thing is. I bought a run around for the princely sum of $280. Now, having only spent that much on the car, I figured I can have some fun with it and do something a little unusual and possibly a bit stupid. Figured this would be a cheap way of doing so.

Agree with all of you. I imagine that the only way it could be defected would be if it had structural rust (although I think I'll look into before I go ahead with it).

Plus...there is the danger of looking a bit of a douche.