Ke17 Sprinter Sl

Hi Guys, hoping somebody can help me - I am about to restore the side emblems for my KE17 Spinter SL but can't find a photo of the original paint on the emblem.

These are the ones that go beside the B pillar. I know that the checked flag section has some turquoise coloured squares - but that's it.

Appreciate if anybody can post a pic here for me to take a look at.

Many thanks, Gary

Members dont see this ad

Thanks senior member Parrot - most appreciated.

This is interesting as these have a "royal" blue type colour. The ones I have seem to have a turquoise green colour in some of the squares. The raised squares are also black...

Do you actually have these emblems or just a pic?

Is this a metal badge - my ones are plastic, which seems to be another twist on the details.

Edited by Project Sprinter

Trev, the plan is to next post pics once she is on the track. Its been tempting to put a few up but the detail is so minute in what we have done to prepare the car in recent months - all the big visible work has been done.

Oh I don't need pics, I see the car all the time.

Thanks senior member Parrot - most appreciated.

This is interesting as these have a "royal" blue type colour. The ones I have seem to have a turquoise green colour in some of the squares. The raised squares are also black...

Do you actually have these emblems or just a pic?

Is this a metal badge - my ones are plastic, which seems to be another twist on the details.

I suspect that yours have been touched up. The badge in the photo is mine (I have a pair) and they are new unused in their original box. Before I got these, i missed out on a pair from Belgium a few years back which I have a photo of. These were identical to mine. I have another single used badge in which the colour has totally disappeared but is otherwise in excellent condition. Again, no black squares. The blue colour has an iridescence with a clear coat and are quite striking.

All three badges I have are plastic.

The non SL badges differed (apart from the absence of an SL) in being from memory a bronze colour.

Project Sprinter: I popped into Road and Track the other week and was supprised to find your KE17 there :)

Had a good look over it I liked what I saw.

Can only dream of my KE15 being at that standad one day.

As for badges. Ones on my KE15 are in OK condition. My coloured in laid squares are 100% green. So weather the change from green to blue happened between the KE15/17 model who knows. don't have my part number book for the KE1X sprinters handy (its in a box as I jsut moved house) so I can't check if there were multipul "badges" for this car.

Cheers

Cameron

Cameron - I should have added; This pic is actually from a car over Beaudesert way...not mine, but mine do look the same.

Also what I suspect is that both colour arrangements have been used...perhaps Blue in-laids reflect a different market such as Euro and/or USA. I also have seen red, but understand that these were used on non SL models.

Edited by Project Sprinter