Hello All,

I am going to fix a 7k-e (1.8) engine and would like to know if anyone can help me with the angle I should mount it. I see in pictures that it is mounted at an angle and don't know why. So I greatly appreciate if you could help in letting me know the specific angle I should fix it at.

cheers.

Members dont see this ad

Hello there,

Greetings for the season. I am using a 7K-E engine as a mod in a small jeep. I would like to get something clarified.

First is what is the redline rpm for this engine?

Second is can I fit a turbo to this engine? I was told by some that it cannot be done.

Third is How to find a service manual for this engine?

I am really needing this information and would really appreciate if anyone can help me.

thanks a million...

Hi mate, I merged your topics into one thread seeing as they all seem to be to do with the same engine. Try not to make a new thread for every question. I understand you want answers but making a new topic every few hours wont help :y:

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Hasitha you will struggle to find much on that engine as it really is just an industrial unit. With the long stroke it won't rev very high and it has never been regarded as an enthusiast's choice.

The compression ratio is 9.1:1, the same as most K motors, so it should take turbocharging OK.

Here's the Toyota workshop manual; for it.

http://images.toyotakijang.multiply.multiplycontent.com/attachment/0/T79igAooCH0AAFBv5Xs1/Toyota%207K%20Engine%20Repair%20Manual.pdf?key=toyotakijang:journal:31&nmid=560968192

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Thank you for the comments. I am not much happy about the 7K too but it was a better choice among the once I came across as it had better torque. I am using it in a small suv (something like a suzuki sj 410) which comes with a 48hp 1000cc stock engine. As to the redline rpm, i couldn't find anything so far... too bad as i will be reving this when i get stuck in the mud. For the turbo, the intake and the exhaust is on the same side of the engine. So I guess fixing a turbo is a near impossible?? I have another 2 new issues half way into the project. One is that the sump has to be modified as i have to shift the engine a bit back as the rig is nose heavy. Is there any way to move the oil pick up the back of the oil pan and what are the issues related with it?? The other is that I have fixed the engine in its slanted position when viewed from front and is it possible to lift the nose of the engine (radiator side) to get a bit clearence? This means that the engine would be at an angle when viewd from side (standing next to the fender)? Any help and advice is very much welcome...

Thanks a million!