N00B Ke70 Panel Van Questions.

ke70vanlyf

Helllooooo fellow rolla's

my father has owned his ke70 van since the day it rolled off the showroom floor, and 280,000kms later, he tried to sell it.

i told him that wasn't happening as I've loved the car since i knew how to drive it.

so i am now 17 years old and a proud owner of a ke70 panel van.

be proud of me, dad offered to buy me an audi instead of this....

i now would like to give it some love.

i have a bunch of questions on these cars as I'm usually a silvia man owning a drift s12.

Moar Low.

rear- live axle and leaf springs,

which lowering blocks will work?

hilux or similar?

front- short of doing another s13 front end conversion (did one on my s12, pain in the ass)

whats the best way to again, get more low?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181058581029?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

found those on ebay... anyone used them before?

Wheels and tires.

whats the widest i can go? thinking watanabes with stretched tires pumped guards, bolt on flares if needed.

fender mirrors.

are they easy to install? best way to cover of old mirror holes?

Seats.

s12's have a horrible seat bolt patter, anything i should know before i blow my money on brand new brides?

looking for chrome bumpers front and rear also and a dash. if you've got either of those hit me up!

Cheers Guys,

Danny.

Members dont see this ad

Helllooooo fellow rolla's

my father has owned his ke70 van since the day it rolled off the showroom floor, and 280,000kms later, he tried to sell it.

i told him that wasn't happening as I've loved the car since i knew how to drive it.

so i am now 17 years old and a proud owner of a ke70 panel van.

be proud of me, dad offered to buy me an audi instead of this....

i now would like to give it some love.

i have a bunch of questions on these cars as I'm usually a silvia man owning a drift s12.

Moar Low.

rear- live axle and leaf springs,

which lowering blocks will work?

hilux or similar?

Go to repco or somewhere and order proper ones made for the car. They're available. Or hit up this guy : Ranko_87 he is a site sponsor and works for a suspension mob.

front- short of doing another s13 front end conversion (did one on my s12, pain in the ass)

whats the best way to again, get more low?

http://www.ebay.com....9#ht_500wt_1413

found those on ebay... anyone used them before?

That kit is for 51mm strut tubes, KE70's are 45mm. And I wouldnt use cheap ones like those. You can get really good ones from Otomoto for $350 posted. Get ones to suit the struts and use AW11 (84-84) MR2 rear shock inserts (around 70mm shorter than stock shocks). Shorten your struts tubes and you're away laughing. Best option is to upgrade to a 51mm strut tube (AE86, XT130 etc) as you will have better brake options.

Check this thread.

Wheels and tires.

whats the widest i can go? thinking watanabes with stretched tires pumped guards, bolt on flares if needed.

You can go as wide as you want, I personally wouldnt go wider than 7" zero for practicality but if you want the fully hectic look go nuts, anything will fit. Check this thread.

fender mirrors.

are they easy to install? best way to cover of old mirror holes?

Weld the old holes up. Guide to where JDM mirrors mount.

Seats.

s12's have a horrible seat bolt patter, anything i should know before i blow my money on brand new brides?

Autotechnica seats bolt straight in no mods.

looking for chrome bumpers front and rear also and a dash. if you've got either of those hit me up!

Start a wanted to buy thread.

Cheers Guys,

Danny.

Welcome mate, replied to some of your questions above in the quote, check the KE70 technical section for more info on stuff.

Most importantly start a ride thread here with some pics :y:

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB
  • Upvote 1

rear

reset leaves ans add a leaf

cost 240

front

ae86 struts /coilovers

wheels

i.have personally run 15x9.5/ 15x10 with 225/45/15 all round

anything is possible

dash

ke70 xx tacho dash fits and is an improvement also give you a proper glovebox mine has a full sedan dash with centre console fitted

• Upvote 1

If you want a tacho dash, they arnt just plug and play. You have to change all the wires in the plugs to get then to work. Not overly hard, you can find a guide how to do it on here. Just thought I would throw that in.

Edited by iwontarolla

Thanks everyone for the help!

will get a build thread going when I'm not spending 98% of my time on the s12.

whats the rough area of width for flush (ish) fitment in the stock guards? will 8 inch wides +4 needs spacers?

and lsd's, whats the go with the live axle? any options?