Change Of Mind 3Rz Into Ke10

tipsi

Members dont see this ad

The R31s always whine, same Borg-Warner as the KE. Surely the Hilux lasts longer?

What is wrong with the front spring?? They have been used on a lot of cars, from Corvettes to Datsun utes, an they have this neat property-

if you have 2 mounts that the spring is free to pivot in rather than a single central mount, you can control the cars anti-roll by adjusting the distance between those 2 mounts.

I'd look upon it as a great challenge to modify the transverse setup to handle like you want it to.

My borg warner was silent after i replaced the worn bearings. (KE)

I suspect most R31's have worn bearings!

btw a hilux diff is MASSIVE. and a ke10 is tiny.

The tyres you choose to use, along with how you intend on using the car will dictate your diff choice.

185 wide street tyres and driven on windy roads, or 295 slicks and driven on the quarter mile?

Edited by ke70dave

did someone say the r31 has the same diff as a ke corolla? lol. surely i read that wrong.

vl turbo diff is the same as an r31, bw78.

the 4.1 ratio that is found in the pintara's for these diffs are known to be noisy, none of the other ratios are have any problems.

If the car is turbo you wont want 4.1's anyway, also if the car is turbo and 3rz you wont get it registered legally.

the 4.1 ratio that is found in the pintara's for these diffs are known to be noisy, none of the other ratios are have any problems.

that's interesting. I told the wrecker my R31 Pintara diff was noisy and how much did he want for a Skyline one, and he said he wouldn't sell me one as they would all be noisy.. So I thought the whole production line was crap.

The front leaf spring haha

Why do people change them?? Don't they understand them, or is there really something inherently better in LCAs and MacPhersons apart from being cheaper to manufacture?

The spring acts as a sway bar & with a little work you cxan adjust its stiffness, there is a lower A-arm to hold the wheel fore and aft in castor, and the strut gives camber control. ..or do I have the wrong photo here?? You can alter spring rates & anti-roll stiffness, although getting -ve camber might be exciting.

I'd never played with one, but I'll take a look under Rob's when I go around there next.

post-7544-0-49364400-1358471437_thumb.jpg