Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door

supra2

Members dont see this ad

ahh, soo nice!

is that oil for the shocks :o ? ! you are doing a good job, let just hope it lives a long life after its finished :D would be a shame to hurt this little beauty!

how much have this costed you in total ? :)

keep them good news coming!

Edited by SM Hunter

Thanks Tore.

The shocks are MCAs custom made here in Australia by ex Aus rally champ Murry Coote.

Id say about 90% of the top motorsport teams here use them. Not just rally but also track and drift.

This car is probably the cheapest ive build as ive collected most of the parts over the last 10 years in the sport.

If someone came to me and said " I want you to build me this car from scratch" it would cost around $50,000.

A major crash in any motor sport is always possible. Its just a risk we accept.

Bonnet hinges fitted.

post-17707-0-59359700-1384377971_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-19532100-1384377983_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-07370100-1384378003_thumb.jpg

Are those strut tops in the right way round ? Usually the gas post is right at the top of the shock shaft, which ideally would be back towards the firewall and closer to the centreline of the car for increased camber/castor. Or are they out the front there for spring clearance reasons. Have to admit to not being o-fay with early toyota strut tops either.

Awesome,read this whole build thread from day 1... I also have a 79 ke30 with the 3k, fun little car , it to will be built for rally , but not to your extent, wonderful craftsmanship. I can say I've learned quite a few new things to do to my KE ... Thanks for putting in the time to educate.

Hi Mika, I wont know exactly where they will sit untill the car is finished and on the aligner.

What iam trying to do is extend the corolla wheel base. There is a perfect lenght that most of the old wrc cars used, not sure about the new ones.

Ive read 2450mm wheel base is best all round length for a gravel car. Anything shorter is very nimble but also unstable at higher speeds.

My old MA61 Supra had 2600mm and was great to drive at high speed but a real hand full in the tight stuff.

The RA60 Celica is almost perfect with 2500mm and does everything really well but its still a big heavy car at 1150kg.

By having the front struts forward and the rear subframe set back it should be a almost perfect length.

Thanks Boone, More than happy to talk through any ideas you have.

Changed the steel cover plates for carbon fibre.

post-17707-0-42857900-1384464489_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-73226400-1384464500_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-41981500-1384464512_thumb.jpg