Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door

supra2

The performance seat cut we talk of is cut on a CNC seat cutting machine by PLR engine recondioning in Brisbane.

Long story short, it basicly puts the seat out into the air stream, or to put it another way, the seat sticks out.

also the topping and tailing is radiused unlike a conventional seat job, where the topping or tailing is just 1 or 2 set angles.

The effect from this, is a creation of a venturi at low valve lift that generates air speed..

So I'm trying to get my head around this. When you say it sticks out, how much further than normal is that, to start creating the desired venturi effect? Also, is the radiusing you're describing on the topping and tailing mean that the rest of the seat (that usually has the 30 and 60 degree cuts on a 3-angle valve job) curved, rather than "flat" machined? I had a quick google and couldn't find anything on it.

Ps Craig, I can understand why you wouldn't have the money for the performance seat if all of that ^^ is involved. Sounds unreal though, if I'm picturing it in my head right. (Which is the valve closing/opening onto a seat that looks like an inlet trumpet)

Members dont see this ad

Hey Justin, Ive already sold a few but I have a spare sitting in the mold if your interested.

You stole my IRS idea so I figure we're even.LOL ;)

Made an alloy flywheel cover.

post-17707-0-02179400-1401174556_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-62806200-1401174579_thumb.jpg

Edited by supra2

Intake manifold fitted.

Ive looked at a lot of air filter and air box set ups and none will fit in the space thats left in the engine bay.

So its back to the good old filter socks. ugh.

Should make a nice noise in the forest.

post-17707-0-55021400-1402470251_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-46189400-1402470280_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-18237800-1402470306_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1