Ben's Low-Roof Panelvan

B-Lugg

I started sourcing sleeves and stuff for my struts as I'm pretty keen to get some coil overs in there. As I was searching for steering arms I found these bad boys. Picking them up tomorrow.

IMG_0638.jpg

I'll also be looking to get sway bars and a strut brace for the front. I called bridgestone and RE001's are reasonably cheap through them, so once I'm ready to bolt everything in, I'll get a pair of those for the from.

Sway bar for the rear might be a bit of a prick, I'm not experienced with fab work that much, but I have a mate that had a AE71 Panno that is good for advice.

Oh, and my brother and I went halvsies in a AE71. It's incomplete, no motor and a blown diff. Body is pretty good though. $250 + trailer hire.

How we got it. Filthy. Dead toad in footwell and all. Probably not cleaned for 10 years or so.

1276564_10151661765486748_62256635_o.jpg

After a couple of washes. Interior also came up pretty awesome.

735791_10151663690511748_2053790123_o.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up with those struts being wound almost to the top and still having a massive gap between the spring and the top perch :/

Missing helper springs for max low and re$p3kt? Haha.Or just running long stroke shocks?

There looks to be a bit of room left on the sleeve, but they are long strokes.

I'm going to see how it goes with these as they are but helpers and short stroke shocks are probably going to have to happen. Don't really want to go too much lower to be honest.

EDIT: Do they not look run-able to you?

Edited by B-Lugg

• 3 weeks later...