Ben's Low-Roof Panelvan

B-Lugg

I've been meaning to bang up a thread for a while.

I purchased my Panno a few months ago while I was living in Melbourne, at first I wasn't to keen on converting from my usual sedans to a Panelvan, but now I wouldn't have it any other way. I have just completed the drive to relocate back to the gold coast so I can now start playing around with it.

She's extremely straight with only two or three rusts spots 1/2 the size of a five cent piece.

It's completely unmolested with 128000 on the clock from factory.

The only few things that I have done are fit MA61 Supra wheels with fresh rubber and MA60(?) Supra seats, and a simple stereo install.

Plans

Engine + Driveline - 16v 4AGE 3T-C to T50.

Wheels, suspension and brakes - I really like the MA's so I might hang on to them for a while if not splurge and pick up some Work Equips or something. Coilovers in the front and stiffened and re-set leafs in the back. AE86 brakes.

Interior - General cleanup, new dash (cracked), replace vinyl floor with carpet, recarpet flatbed area and sides.

Exterior - clean up the rusted areas, remove rear bar, clean up the paint and eventually respray (if anyone has hook ups in the Gold Coast area for good resprays let me know).

Enjoy.

post-16128-0-33014200-1359542043_thumb.jpg

post-16128-0-29237800-1359542077_thumb.jpg

post-16128-0-20407200-1359542148_thumb.jpg

post-16128-0-79113200-1359542256_thumb.jpg

Edited by B-Lugg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Update - I am fixing up my interior over the next few days. Have to make up some 'panel cards' as the panels in the back are smashed to crap, picked up some Masonite and carpet at bunnings to do them. Will be getting new carpet for the flatbed also. Should look a lot nicer.

Also just picked up some gutter mount roof racks off ebay for $1.25c, they will be going fitted tomorrow.

Will get some pics up in the next few days.

Got all the interior back together. Fitted the panels using plaster fasteners. Happy with the result.

post-16128-0-15110800-1361871906_thumb.jpgpost-16128-0-76566900-1361871950_thumb.jpg

Put some 6x9's in boxes behind the seats until I make up a MDF shelf to put there.

post-16128-0-81710600-1361871929_thumb.jpg

Making plans to get my leafs reset and getting some springs and shocks for the front. Can't wait to get it out of 4x4 mode...

Edited by B-Lugg

I have a pet hate for using numbers for letters...

Best I could do was 'BKE70' for $445, might pick them up soon. It would have preferred something nicer though...

Is there any reason why they are so high, or is it just the way it is? I was wondering why I only ever see personalised plates on BMX X5's and Audi R8's up here...

EDIT - I just saw for a 7 letter combination it is $3295, HOLY SHIT!

Edited by B-Lugg