Ben's Low-Roof Panelvan

B-Lugg

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New exhaust is one, 2" (little big but it worked out he had spare piping that was the right length so a little cheaper) to a hi flow muffler. Running a lot better just need to find some cheap extractors and it'll be breathing perfectly.

Picking up new seats and a radiator tomorrow morning. Should have roady and reg by the end of this week. Looking forward to not driving the Starlet around.

Super busy weekend, so hopefully next weekend I will get around to reskinning/carpeting the dash and a deep clean of all the plastics.

Will put some photos up in the next few days.

• 1 month later...

New front pads and rotors went in yesterday, the car actually stops now. Had never done brakes before yesterday - incredibly simple once you get the jist of it.

Also replaced the water pump (Hopefully my engine bay stops getting caked in rusty gunk).

Looks like I'll be making a change of direction in my swap - looking into a 3T-C conversion.

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted for a little while, as I'm living in Queensland now and planning to move back to Melbourne in the near future, I've decided to put all my effort into the interior. It's actually coming up awesome! I repaired and painted all my cracked and broken plastics, fixed up an old centre console with a $1 hinge from bunnings. New pair of seat covers that kinda of fit my MA seats (they are deceitfully massive seats!), gave the interior a full deep detail. Just waiting on a new gear boot coming over from the UK and I'm going to make up a nice carpet covered ply base for the flat bed. It feels really strange getting into a respectable interior! I'll bang some photos up next sunny day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to sell it - couldn't, only had the car for a little while but it's grown on me like mad.

Anyway - still tidying.

Recently purchased;

- AE86 struts, hubs and brakes. I will be building them into coilovers.

- K series extractors. I'll be getting them sand blasted so I can paint them as they are pretty gnarly looking.

- Genuine 1988 Luisi steering wheel. It's in incredibly condition for it's age but I'll be giving the spokes and such a nice polish anyway.

Polished and painted.

IMG_0500.jpg

Nice job...Looks very clean...we call em "station wagons" over here ...lol, and until now I've never wondered why

I think our plates over here are only $50 per year for personalized and you have to pay that every year so eventually they get their money, but I got my Antique tag about15 years ago for about $50 and it's lifetime, I never have to see those long lines again.

Awesome work Ben!

I have a 4AGE AE71 wagon which is also silver and I have MA61 wheels for it too.

Your wheels came up really well! Interior looks really simple and clean.

Keep the pics and updates coming! :)

Thanks mate!

Silver corollas seem to be pretty rare!

Nice job...Looks very clean...we call em "station wagons" over here ...lol, and until now I've never wondered why

I think our plates over here are only $50 per year for personalized and you have to pay that every year so eventually they get their money, but I got my Antique tag about15 years ago for about $50 and it's lifetime, I never have to see those long lines again.

The pictures do it quite a bit of justice to be honest.

In AUS a station wagon is generally a 4 door 5 seater hatch. Funny how things work differently!

I think having that system is quite a bit better for the personalised plates. I would prefer it anyway, jealous.

i would have swapped you my AE71 wagon for this :D

I'll take that as a compliment? :thumbsup:

After painting a fair part of my interior black and the rest being quite dark colours, at night it was near impossible to see/find my wallet.

So I installed some tiny LED strips (white, just look blue because my floor was clean for a change) in the footwells that come on with the dome light when the door opens. (Please don't hate, it's for function, not form. :S)

Luisi is also in, but the slim boss kit I got that is to suit an ae101(?) does not line up with the KE power band so I don't have a horn for the moment, but the wheel actually seems to be a bit far away as it has no dish so I might just get a standard KE boss kit and fit that instead. Indicators pins(?) also don't line up so I have to turn my indicator off manually, should be an easy fix with a file if I can be bothered.

IMG_0582-1.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

Edited by B-Lugg

love it love it love it! I almost bought a white ke70 wagon a few years back, it was overrated like your panel van, ended up with a ae71 sedan though, was going to be easier for the swap I want to do/am very very slowly doing...always wondered what happened to that wagon...

Keep the updates coming and don't sell it, some douche will buy it a treat it like there's a million others out there waiting to be drifted with stockies and a welded diff. Plus you will regret it for a VERY VERY LONG TIME!

• 2 weeks later...

love it love it love it! I almost bought a white ke70 wagon a few years back, it was overrated like your panel van, ended up with a ae71 sedan though, was going to be easier for the swap I want to do/am very very slowly doing...always wondered what happened to that wagon...

Keep the updates coming and don't sell it, some douche will buy it a treat it like there's a million others out there waiting to be drifted with stockies and a welded diff. Plus you will regret it for a VERY VERY LONG TIME!

Thanks mate. I'll do what I can to hold on to her.