Victorian Motorkhana Championship 2013

carbonboy

Rear shoes are perfect, just need adjusting. Going over a few things today, to figure out why it's so slow. I found it's only getting 3/4 throttle and it had no ignition advance at idle. All fixed, list of things now are check front pads, re torque head bolts and quick oil change!!

I'm hanging out for this.

Sweet! Not so much on the throttle/advance bugs. :( I have a similar list: oil/filter change, adjust handbrake & sort rims/tyres. Also hanging out for this!

Also got off my arse & stopped having to borrow a friends spare motor-cross helmet.

post-5437-0-79293200-1361007127_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! Not so much on the throttle/advance bugs. :( I have a similar list: oil/filter change, adjust handbrake & sort rims/tyres. Also hanging out for this!

Also got off my arse & stopped having to borrow a friends spare motor-cross helmet.

post-5437-0-79293200-1361007127_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to have as much done tomorrow as I can.

Sweet bucket Luke. Where did you pick that up? I'm going to need a new one for hillclimbing, winton and P.I sprint days.

I went to AMX in Keilor for the helmet, marked down from $160 to just under $100. :)

If I were riding a motorbike on the road, I'd spend a lot more than that on a helmet. But as my own mother would kill me long before a bike gets a chance, it shall serve its intended purpose nicely.

Just a reminder about the event this Sunday, we are yet to confirm that it is going ahead due to the possibilty of a Total Fire Ban Day. If this is so, we will be unable to use the grounds.

Confirmation of the event will be posted up on the clubs homepage at www.tccav.org.au at 7.00pm on Saturday 23rd February.

Got my fingers crossed, now for Blue Things service!

Edited by carbonboy

I'm still planing on attending IF it's on.

Test drive after service revealed a strange noise out of the front pass hub/brakes, similar to a small rock bouncing between the backing plate and disk. I'll check it out this arvo, everything else seems good.

Woohoo! Obviously I'll be posting up here as well to either confirm or cancel. I'm really hoping it goes ahead, otherwise I'm fixing leaky drive-shaft seals & intake/exhaust leaks simply to make BT roadworthy. :lol:

Could it be the backing plate is slightly bent & rubbing on the rotor Stu?

Could it be the backing plate is slightly bent & rubbing on the rotor Stu?

Yep that and the movement in the wheel bearings was causing the noise.

Yep the wheel bearings on the pass side have had it. Can't understand how or why as I only checked and regreased them about 6 months(2,000km) ago.

I'm cleaning them and going to repack the bearings and see.

Posted on the club website this evening:

Great weather is predicted, and plenty of talented competitors have pre-entered the first round for 2013 of the NGK Victorian Motorkhana Championship.

Entries on the day are welcome, and spectators add to the great and friendly atmosphere.

The competition grounds are located on McGraths Road in Werribee, near the intersection with Bulban Road. Keep an eye out for the TCCA banners.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Looks like she's a goer! I've been working on BT since this time yesterday, still have to bolt the carburretor back on to the manifold & replace the leaking vac-advance line for the distributor. Hopefully she runs, then set the timing & away we go.

Hope to see people down there!

Tempting, tempting. "cept I would be to tempted to enter and they don't have a class for busses :)

Hell, if you come down you can try Blue Thing if you like. I've got to get her running first. :P

Bring the little ones, heard of JRace?

Nnnnnoooooooo!!!! Found reason for dodgey bearing, the seal is rooted!!!

A dusty motorkhana + 100km drive home doesn't = getting home. So unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to make it.

:((

Edited by carbonboy

Hell, if you come down you can try Blue Thing if you like. I've got to get her running first. :P

Bring the little ones, heard of JRace?

Ta for the offer, but with no club membership or cams license anymore sorta rule it out. Anyway FWD and me don't really mix when I am out to have fun ;)

JRace sounds great but the oldest is 7.......... :(

Edited by coln72