Victorian Motorkhana Championship 2013

carbonboy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a day!

Blue Thing ran well, except for developing an exhaust leak which was easily fixed by tightening a few manifold bolts that had worked loose. Ran a seperate set of wheels/tyres that were initially set at 25 psi, dropped down the front to 20psi & found turn-in much better with the rear still wanting to slide a little. Felt good for what essentially is standard car.

I think I managed to go the whole day without hitting a single flag, as to how fast I was I have absolutely no idea until I get the results via email. I made a point of not checking the time-sheets, I'm there for fun & that's how I want to keep it. I would however like to see the size of the sheep stations/emu farms some of the blokes with the specials are racing for... :blinks:

There was a total of 6 courses ran for the day, we'd been hoping for more but a reverse-driving based course did hold up proceedings for a while. No major dramas on the day, except one of our clubs juniour members had a rear wheel cylinder blow, had no brakes & hadn't run enough courses to accumulate VMC points. He kinda needed a car, instead he got Blue Thing. :lol:

I tried my best for photos, a bit thin on the ground though. Videos are currently uploading, will link then when done.

post-5437-0-75817500-1361693238_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-92768600-1361693265_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-86229500-1361693308_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-37404800-1361693336_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-79803300-1361693383_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-78889800-1361693423_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-14386500-1361693473_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-44607500-1361693511_thumb.jpg

So, the results just came in, nearly fell off my chair. :blinks:

I placed: 11th out of 19 in Class A, 21st out of 51 Outright & 17th on handicap. I knew I wouldn't even come close to winning, but to finish that far away from last, so happy!

If you will excuse me, I have some more dust to cough up. I mean, wash down with beer, I mean, filters to clean... ;)

Edited by carbonboy

Some slightly adjusted results from the event came through today. I have been placed into Second in the Novice category, being narrowly pipped by Redwarf's ol' mate in his Civic. Unfortunately one of our club members who initially placed First in this category has been pulled back to Fourth, but still a commendable result!

I gotta say though, I love motor-sport where a mid-80's Peugeot 205 can beat (outright, no handicap) a new-ish WRX STI & an Evo VI. On dirt. :D

Edited by carbonboy

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers mate, time will tell whether it was just beginners luck or not. :y:

**​There has been yet another revision of the results, regarding the winner of the Novice category. Due to eligibility issues, the previous winner has been removed & myself promoted to first place.

Rightio, Round 2 is on this Sunday 24th March at Pakenham Car Clubs grounds. Supp regs were a bit hard to come by (CAMS held onto them forever, busy with open-wheelers at Albert Park or something) but here's some links if anyone's interested in competing: Pakenham VMC2 Supp Regs & Approved Round 2 Supp Regs . Due to how late the regs have come out, the normal late fee won't apply. Also, due to an Ironman event being held in Melbourne this Sunday, parts of EastLink as well as other sections of roads will be closed, so plan your route carefully! Information about road closures can be found here.

kickn5k, I'm looking at you...this is on your side of the city. ;)

Yes I'm soft. But I just paid the rego on Godfrey, will recieve the bill for my cylinder head tomorrow, just bought all the sheet for my EFI and hopefully buying a T50 for my K-T conversion next weekend means there is absolutely NO money for motorsport for a while.

Even cheap motorsport!

To make matters worse I have the datto in pieces for some upgrades. So my priorities need to be at that time wise for a little bit.