Victorian Motorkhana Championship 2013

carbonboy

A pretty good day out in Pakenham today, sunny with a nice breeze to carry away the dust & the surface was similar to Weribee, just more grass & less cracks. More bloody flies though... :rant:

I didn't get many photos as they threw a few 'interesting' courses at us this time & I was spending most of my spare time learning where the heck I was meant to go. I know I clipped at least two flags this time & had a WD (wrong direction), but not really fussed. I know how I stuffed up, so will try not to do that again. :) I know I'm also no motorsport photographer & was using my phone camera as it's a PITA to remove the camera from the car & align it all putting it back all the time. But, enjoy!

post-5437-0-33078000-1364119037_thumb.jpg post-5437-0-81773900-1364119606_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-66965500-1364119621_thumb.jpg post-5437-0-33060900-1364119663_thumb.jpg

The rest I managed can be found here. Editing some of the videos to remove the boring waiting bits, will post up a link when they're uploaded. Not just in-car footage either, managed to film some of the other guys this time!

A big thanks to kickn5k & webers4x48 for coming down to take a look & also for being an impromptu pit-crew for me! Much appreciated guys, good to catch up with you too. :y:

I spotted this & recalled Redwarf saying something about borrowing a Hyundai Excel... I wonder if this was it? :P

post-5437-0-65188900-1364118795_thumb.jpg post-5437-0-90946200-1364118811_thumb.jpg

Round 3 is in Deniliquin on April 28th, there's an Autocross on the 27th at the same venue but I won't be entering in that one. Just drive up on the Saturday, take a look so I sort of know what to expect & stay the night. Not keen on a 3.5 hour drive on the Sunday morning. :no2:

Edited by carbonboy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big thanks to kickn5k & webers4x48 for coming down to take a look & also for being an impromptu pit-crew for me! Much appreciated guys, good to catch up with you too. :y:

Round 3 is in Deniliquin on April 28th, there's an Autocross on the 27th at the same venue but I won't be entering in that one. Just drive up on the Saturday, take a look so I sort of know what to expect & stay the night. Not keen on a 3.5 hour drive on the Sunday morning. :no2:

Haha thanks but it was Leigh that changed the wheels. Brett and I just talked sheet and cheered you on. Haha

I can't make Deni but I've just filled out my license form and WILL be entering next round at Sandown.

I'll have to see how I go for both time & finances, but will try as it comes so highly recommended. :y:

I'll get one of those Go-Pro thingies once I'm not spending so much on car parts, but for now the old CyberShot will have to do.

Edited by carbonboy

The results from Pakenham came through, I think the home ground advantage/beginners luck definitely came into play in Round 1! This time around I placed 36th out of 51 outright, 35th on handicap, 14th out of 19 in Class A & 3rd out of 5 in Novice Class. Mind you, the winner of Novice Class was driving a Westfield FW, bit of a notch above BT. We ran 8 courses in total & I managed to WD once & hit 4 flags all up, which probably didn't help the results but *meh*. Fun was had. :yes:

Edit: Note to self: No more K-motor jokes. Sorry Colin, I'll behave.

Yeah that WD stuffed me & two of the flags I collected on the first test, which was a simple straight slalom. That should've been my reminder to wake up & pay attention, but you live, you learn.

TCCAV is hosting a TCCAV/MR2OC members-only motorkhana practice day the week after Deni, Although there will be no timing/places on the day, the plan is to have some tandem tests run towards the end of the day for some side-by-side action. I can think of a KE10 I wouldn't mind having a crack at... ;)

Edited by carbonboy

I can think of a KE11 I wouldn't mind having a crack at... ;)

Haha fixed!! Is that the gp5 thingo on the calendar? Do I need to pre-register?

Cause its on like donkey kong with on a neck bone baby!!!!!

If I bag out old mate enough he may drag out the seca for some GZE action.