Ke70 & Ae71 Parts Compatibility?

stu84ke70

Hi people, I want to buy what I think is a ae71 but need to know what parts are interchangeable as I have a ke70 wagon and want to make one good car out of the two.The car I want to buy is a 1.6 so I assume it's a ae71 which has a different cross member and it is also an auto so can I bolt up a k series box to a 4ac or do I need a t50 box?, also can i put a ke70 pedal box in a ae71?.And is the tailshaft from may wagon able to fit with the ae71 if I have to put my ke70 crossmember and 4k running gear in the ae71 if the k series box won't fit the 4ac or if it does fit will my tailshft fit the 4ac with k series box?.I have done some reseach but keep getting conflicting arguments.Any help would be much appreciated.

Here are some pics of the ae71 If that helps at all.

post-17649-0-31967600-1361428035_thumb.jpeg

post-17649-0-98336900-1361428043_thumb.jpeg

Members dont see this ad

Hi people, I want to buy what I think is a ae71 but need to know what parts are interchangeable as I have a ke70 wagon and want to make one good car out of the two.

The car I want to buy is a 1.6 so I assume it's a ae71 correct

which has a different cross member and it is also an auto so can I bolt up a k series box to a 4ac or do I need a t50 box?, You will need a T50.

also can i put a ke70 pedal box in a ae71? No, one is cable (KE70) and one is hydraulic (AE71)

.And is the tailshaft from may wagon able to fit with the ae71 if I have to put my ke70 crossmember and 4k running gear in the ae71 if the k series box won't fit the 4ac or if it does fit will my tailshft fit the 4ac with k series box?.I have done some reseach but keep getting conflicting arguments.Any help would be much appreciated. You will need an AE71 manual tailshaft for a T50 manual conversion

Here are some pics of the ae71 If that helps at all. Nice :y:

Hi people, I want to buy what I think is a ae71 but need to know what parts are interchangeable as I have a ke70 wagon and want to make one good car out of the two.

The car I want to buy is a 1.6 so I assume it's a ae71 correct

which has a different cross member and it is also an auto so can I bolt up a k series box to a 4ac or do I need a t50 box?, You will need a T50.

also can i put a ke70 pedal box in a ae71? No, one is cable (KE70) and one is hydraulic (AE71)

.And is the tailshaft from may wagon able to fit with the ae71 if I have to put my ke70 crossmember and 4k running gear in the ae71 if the k series box won't fit the 4ac or if it does fit will my tailshft fit the 4ac with k series box?.I have done some reseach but keep getting conflicting arguments.Any help would be much appreciated. You will need an AE71 manual tailshaft for a T50 manual conversion

Here are some pics of the ae71 If that helps at all. Nice :y:

Thanks mate I suspected that would be the case just wanted to make sure.Is there any reason I can't put my engine crossmember out of the ke in the ae and put my 4k, k40, gearbox crossmember, pedal box and tailshft in the ae as i want a sedan and not a wagon I asume the wagon has the same tailshaft bolt pattern for the coil spring diff and is the same length as the sedan?.basically turn it into a ke70.

You can do that. Kinda going backwards.

Personally id sort out converting the AE71 to manual. If and when you decide to do an engine upgrade a 4AGE will pretty much bolt in.

Yeah I know it's going backwards but I just found out the motor in the ae71 has had it and is low on compression so may aswell put my running gear in as It's all good in the ke70 and seeing as it's auto the only redeeming feature about the ae71 is the engine x member, but I will keep it as I do want to do a 4age conversion in the future but don't have the funds right now to buy a t50, clutch,gearbox x member, pedalbox, replacement 4ac and all the rest so not worth doing untill I get a 4age.

just did a ae71 auto to manual conversion, its pretty stright forward with most of it bolt on.

Depending on the cost of the ae71 it might be cheaper to get the convo parts when doing a 4age convo.

ae71 4a auto to man parts:

t50 to suit 4a (watch out for 2t gboxes, different output splines etc...)

t50 bellhousing bolts (2x are longer on the manual box, had to use lcd bolts)

t50 to 4ac manual gbox support/stays (the auto ones are slightly different, but can be modded to suit)

t50 clutch fork and bearing

t50 clutch slave

t50 clutch line with hose (go braided for 4age convo)

t50 clutch master cylinder

t50 shifter (try to get the complete setup with the metal washer plate to hold down the rubber cover)

ae71 manual pedal box (can mod ae86 or t18 ones but not really worth it)

ae71 t50 gbox crossmember (ae86 will fit with modification, not worth it)

4ac 200mm 6bolt flywheel (fwd 4ac, 4afc or 4afe might fight, 7afe is 212mm to soak up the huge 4ac powa)

spigot bearing (auto or fwd 4ac don't have these)

4ac/4age clutch (depending on flywheel size)

ae71 manual tailshaft (wagon might be s series (?) so will need to get ae86 tailshaft - better if going t series later on - ae86 tailshaft wont bolt to borgy)

+ke70

4a engine crossmember (lca will bolt in)

4a engine with rwd engine mounts and gbox stays

4a exhaust (fwd exhaust manifold is different)

engine loom (i think 4ac and 4kc are similar, fwd 4ac connector is similar to ae86 easy mod to suit)

alternator - not sure if the same as 4ac/4kc

unless ur picking up the ae71 for $500 its not worth it for parts imo, better of just modding the ae71 with the coil spring rear end.

mods: 2x holes bolt and 1x pedal hole in the firewall, widen the shifter location, 4ac auto loom bypass shifter start lock and reverse light sensor.

just did a ae71 auto to manual conversion, its pretty stright forward with most of it bolt on.

Depending on the cost of the ae71 it might be cheaper to get the convo parts when doing a 4age convo.

ae71 4a auto to man parts:

t50 to suit 4a (watch out for 2t gboxes, different output splines etc...)

t50 bellhousing bolts (2x are longer on the manual box, had to use lcd bolts)

t50 to 4ac manual gbox support/stays (the auto ones are slightly different, but can be modded to suit)

t50 clutch fork and bearing

t50 clutch slave

t50 clutch line with hose (go braided for 4age convo)

t50 clutch master cylinder

t50 shifter (try to get the complete setup with the metal washer plate to hold down the rubber cover)

ae71 manual pedal box (can mod ae86 or t18 ones but not really worth it)

ae71 t50 gbox crossmember (ae86 will fit with modification, not worth it)

4ac 200mm 6bolt flywheel (fwd 4ac, 4afc or 4afe might fight, 7afe is 212mm to soak up the huge 4ac powa)

spigot bearing (auto or fwd 4ac don't have these)

4ac/4age clutch (depending on flywheel size)

ae71 manual tailshaft (wagon might be s series (?) so will need to get ae86 tailshaft - better if going t series later on - ae86 tailshaft wont bolt to borgy)

+ke70

4a engine crossmember (lca will bolt in)

4a engine with rwd engine mounts and gbox stays

4a exhaust (fwd exhaust manifold is different)

engine loom (i think 4ac and 4kc are similar, fwd 4ac connector is similar to ae86 easy mod to suit)

alternator - not sure if the same as 4ac/4kc

unless ur picking up the ae71 for $500 its not worth it for parts imo, better of just modding the ae71 with the coil spring rear end.

mods: 2x holes bolt and 1x pedal hole in the firewall, widen the shifter location, 4ac auto loom bypass shifter start lock and reverse light sensor.

Well the person I'm getting the ae71 from only want's $500 (prob talk her down to $350/$400 and it comes with a spare 4k and a manual gearbox I just don't know if is a t50 or a k40/k50.Besides the 4a in the ae71 is stuffed blows smoke so i want to get the ae71 and put my running gear in it temporarily till I get the money to put a 4age in it and sell off the part's I don't need off the wagon.

essentially if you take all the parts off an ae71 and all the parts off a ke70, the chassis itself is IDENTICLE.

except for:

if you have a manual ae71, there will be 2 small holes, and one ~30mm hole in the firewall for the hydraulic master cylinder.

if you have a manual ke70 there will be a single hole for the cable clutch (not in the same place as the above holes, close)

if you have an auto ke70 or auto ae71, i belive all these holes wont be there at all.

(note, slanty cars have slightly different radiator support than flat front cars, mostly hole differences as far as i can know)

Edited by ke70dave