Blue Thing: The Daily / Motorkhana Hack (Now Efi)

carbonboy

- Test the MSD's Burnout & Launch functions.....anyone up for a Calder Park Friday night off-street drag racing session in late February?

Count me in, datto will definatly be ready by then!!

Edited by kickn5k

Members dont see this ad

No more flattened vacuum lines, no more sticky throttle (standard spring needs some help) & no more electronic choke. You gotta give to get as they say...

1653487_10151935263596943_2015024606_n.jpg

Might have also managed to score myself a cheap un-required laptop for on-the-fly tuning, which will be most helpful even afterwards i.e if I have to run lower octane fuel for some reason, I can knock a few degrees of timing advance off. Now that what I refer to as the hard part is past, I'm actually really enjoying this part, the refining process. Having said that, I am anticipating a certain amount of frustration. :)

I may have gotten a bit enthusiastic when removing some of the wiring, I no longer have power for my instrument cluster lights, park-lights or head-lights. :doh:

So rather than be putting my interior back in & going for a drive, I'm pulling apart the wiring loom trying to find where I've stuffed up. Very frustrating.

Note to self: The big fat red & black wire that appeared to not be a part of a circuit, WAS. Have lights etc again. Fixed the choke so it operates smoothly, re-positioned the throttle return spring & while I was in a productive mood, put one of these together: http://www.toymods.o...-booster-2.html

I made the external version, have yet to test to see if it works as when I went to crank the engine, flat battery. Found why it's draining, front passenger door light switch didn't turn lights off when closed, didn't notice due to daylight. Fixed that. Finally worked out where the hell to mount the MSD, I had the perfect spot then it dawned on me that it may not be a fan of being so close to the heater core. Made a mounting bracket (still needs the corners rounded & edges smoothed, but it fits) from bits laying around, with any luck the rest of the interior will be in soon, then on goes the front end.

1780747_10151941259646943_1602082250_n.jpg

1622636_10151941259706943_1390016140_n.jpg

The choke cable next to the cigarette lighter & instrument cluster are correct, the steering wheel is not a recent addition however. No one picking the third one yet means I did a good job of it. :wink:

Maiden voyage is this afternoon, can't wait! Loki seems excited too, he slept in it last night.

Because people here have been so helpful & supportive over my time here (100% serious there), I'm getting bugger all sleep tonight. Enjoy.

Oh, before anyone gets their knickers in a knot, speedometer is reading exactly 15km/h on the high-side due to my clumsiness when assembling the dash, will be fixed very soon. :yes:

P.S - Too excited to sleep anyway. :P