Blue Thing: The Daily / Motorkhana Hack (Now Efi)

carbonboy

You didn't fail!

You learned heaps. Amused and filled us with wonder! And seemingly had a hell of a lot of fun along the way.

Do a Juddy, go away and think about it for a while with a return to standard EFI, then amaze us some more with No.3.

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

20V stock bottom end with your 16V head and carbs.

With the exception of it being a 3 rib block, that's what I had. Wouldn't mind it again though, the mid-range rpm has much more go.

Arrgh! That's no good!

What do you reckon? Warped head?

I hope not, spent a noticeable amount having it completely rebuilt for this engine. I suspect a fault in the block.

You didn't fail!

You learned heaps. Amused and filled us with wonder! And seemingly had a hell of a lot of fun along the way.

Do a Juddy, go away and think about it for a while with a return to standard EFI, then amaze us some more with No.3.

It has been fun, thankyou to you all for coming along for the ride. :)

Well said Pete! Always great fun following your antics Luke. Can't wait to see what's next!

The quads will return.

Here we go again.

post-5437-0-07447000-1434108591_thumb.jpg

post-5437-0-58606200-1434108626_thumb.jpg

It could be a lot worse I guess, it doesn't have A/C or P/S so there's less hoses/wires to deal with. The loom needs a good clean up & re-taping in some places. I tapped into it for power/MAP sensor signal etc at a few points & my electrical work from 7 years ago leaves a lot to be desired.

No need to source one thankfully, the SOHC-carburetor wiring loom that BT came with was modified for the quad-setup. I have since removed it & storing it away for later. Am removing the DOHC-EFI loom from the white TC (EFI & Carby looms are quite different) to install into BT, I also have the EFI loom from the project car if need be. :)