Wiring Up A Headunit!

Ketogirl

Hello technological savy people.

My ke has the original radio in it and i bought a headunit to upgrade, now where are the wires to connect the headunit from the radio?

Ive taken out all the screws around the speedo and tried to take it off, its very thin plastic (I'm scared ill snap it) i have also taken out the housing box where the new headunit would sit to try and get a look up there for some wiring, but no luck.

Please help a noob out :)

Members dont see this ad

OK, forget the old wiring.

You want to run a fused power wire straight from the battery for your Memory power.

For the Acc power tap in to the ciggie lighter power and change the ciggie lighter fuse for something slightly bigger (15A should be fine)

Run a good ground to the chassis and you're set.

You can use all the original wiring but its all 30 years old.

To get the dash surround out make sure every screw is out, then pull it down, then out. It kinda snags on the defroster switch, you have to be firm but gentle.

If its easier to use the old wiring just get a test light and check the wires for power, acc etc. can't remember what they are off the top of my head. Probably a good idea to run your own decent ground wire either way you do it.

If you get really stuck taking the dash surround out I can probably take a video of how to do it as I have my car at home now.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Sounds like mumbo jumbo to me with wiring haha but one of my friends is good at it, ill just show him this and get him everything he needs to do it. Ok thats what was happening with the dash to me, i wasnt pulling very hard because its really long and thin but ill try again, hopefully it doesnt break.

Thanks for your help :)