Ke70 Seats Into Panelvan????

B-Lugg

Hey guys.

I have been trying to fit a pair of standard KE70 seats into my Panelvan but it looks like they aren't going to bolt in...

I have spoken to a couple of Panno experienced friends and they seem to think that they should.

I tried to bolt them in with and without the inner rear spacer but they are still off enough so the rails won't bolt up.

Does the Panelvan have a unique floor plan or something?

I really want to get some standard seats in for Roady and reg this week so help would be much appreciated.

I also have a pair of KE70 seats with ke30(?) rails on them and they won't line up, not to sure if they are the same rails.

Six pack of your choice to the bloke that can help me get something to work for roady. Quite desperate.

If your close to me (Elanora, QLD) and could come lend a hand if modding is needed (serious lack of tools on my behalf) that would also be great.|

Cheers.

Members dont see this ad

The rails seem fine, they're not bent (still slide perfectly). Not ruling that out though, but it would be extremely unlikely for both the drivers and passenger to be out?

Nope, they went to the tip before I drove to QLD.

post-16128-0-45852400-1365287614_thumb.jpg

Back bolt not lining up. (Back outer)

post-16128-0-85603500-1365287632_thumb.jpg

Rear inner with spacer under rail.

post-16128-0-10135200-1365287654_thumb.jpg

Rear inner spacer

post-16128-0-51569000-1365287678_thumb.jpg

Seeminly stock rail controls = seemingly stock rails (Dude I got them off said he pulled them straight out of a KE70)

Hmm, Ive never used a spacer thats new to me.

Doesnt look like the holes are off by much if you can get to the bolts under the seat when its where its meant to sit you could loosen the rail bolts, get the bolt in the floor started, tighten the rail bolts, the finish bolting the floor ones.

EDIT: Just saw the next pic. weird. They are def stock ke70 rails thats for sure.

Pretty hard to help without being there, I mean they should bolt in.

Did that spacer come with your original seats or the new ones? Did you have stock seats in it before?

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Now it's incredibly weird.

My passenger seat is now in. I had to force it a little. The rail has a little movement in it. Probably under a cm, will that be a problem?

HOWEVER. using the same method as the passenger seat, the drivers is wayyyyyy out. Three bolts are in fine.

But the front outer bolt is out by a fair bit, very strange.

post-16128-0-01507100-1365291451_thumb.jpg

EDIT: By three bolts in I mean on thread but not tight. (Duh)

Edited by B-Lugg

I have never seen a spacer like that ever. And I doubt a car manufacturer would be allowed to get away with using one, the rails should be made to fit properly.

Thats making me think something weird is going on.

Nor had I until now... the passenger seat went in without the spacer, my mate said that the spacer should be on both rear inner bolts. Maybe he was smoking crack at the time?