Oil Light After Degrease

lachi3r

WAIT!!! Ok this is gonna sound silly, but I left mine threaded in like one thread cos I'm in a tiny garage and it woulda taken me a while to get back around to turn the car off after taking a look (I was home alone and didn't wanna make a big mess).

Just took it the whole way out and started it while the mrs looked and she leaked oil :) the one or two threads I had it turned in must've sealed it a little.

So I can confirm it pushes oil out on the 12R... Sorry if I messed you guys around at all haha.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I took the oil pump off today and cleaned it out with petrol. There wasn't really any gunk in there. I figure the little pressure valve has just ceased up. Tried spraying compressed air through the holes and blocking some. Couldn't get it to open up. Going to try and find a new pump next week. The thing is. I also put new oil in today so will I be able to take the pump off again without draining the oil?

hoorah!!! problem fixed!! found a new housing at a wreckers and put it on and no more light. also the new one didnt even have that little valve looking thing in the hole... so i don't know what the go is there.... but its fixed :) so i'm happy.

Thanks for all your help guys :)

Very much appreciated

That's good. That housing has the oil pressure relief valve for the oil filter built into it, so oil keeps pumping around the engine in case the oil filter gets blocked. It just bypasses the filter. The housing carries the oil filter and has the bleed to the oil pressure sensor too.

Sadly, the oil pump is in the sump, and seeing as its a motor out job you really don't want trouble with that!

I wonder if that little valve-looking thing in the hole was a broken off end from a sensor unit?

Wow Mark ! 39 Replies & 548 Views to this post & thread. I kept coming back to it like a "Who Dunit Movie" to see what the end result was. Glad it is all sorted out ! We are all the wiser now.

There is always a reason; it's just a matter of determining what it is.

Cheers

Banjo