Toyota Diff Identification

Kwag70

Hey guys,

I bought a diff off one of the guys who was parting a car out on here a few months back now ( can't remember his username)..

When I went to pick the diff up I was told by the guy I bought it off that he had removed it from the ke70 sedan which he was parting out...on pickup though I realised the diff had disc brakes on it....( to my knowledge no ke70 came out with disc brakes).

So my question is, is there anyway to identify what the diff is out off as I want to buy new brake calipers for it to rebuild them as the cradle from one of the calipers is missing..

It's a Borg Warner diff with disc brakes, there is only one number on it it is 0570-026900 and no I'd tags or anything.

I have no idea how to identify it...without opening it up, I have been told that the corona rt142 came with disc brakes so I'm guessing it could be out of that. But I may have to buy a set of those calipers to see if they match the mounts?

Cheers in advance if anyone has any ideas!!!

Joe

Members dont see this ad

hey guys, thanks for your replies...my computer isnt let me upload the photos for some reason..

but not to worry, i went to the brake guys up the road from my workshop and we figured out that the pads and calipers were either from a toyota corona rt142 or a sigma....I'm gonna go ahead and go with the corona guess...

thanks for the help once again! :)