Fitting A Weber 32/36 Dgv

Killcam

Good morning, gentlemen.

I recently purchased the above Weber carbie after reading the rollaclub wiki, and was hoping to get a bit of light shed on what work needs to be done to have it fitted to my (for now) stock 4k engine. I'm sort of relying on this to get my car back on the road, so whatever help I can get would be excellent.

Thanks!

Members dont see this ad

You'll just need an adapter plate and an air cleaner to fit a weber. Some ingenuity will help when it comes to hooking up the throttle cable and maybe some modification to the PVC system. If your clever you can make the stock pcv work.

You'll likely have to ditch all the pollution gear, which will mean blocking and bunging off a few holes here and there.

Alright, as mentioned above, you need an adaptor plate and an aircleaner. Also, your better off running the PCV gear, as it stops the engine spewing oily gas all over your engine bay.

To fit the weber you need an adaptor plate, so drill and tap that adaptor plate to fit a hose barb, and run the pcv off that. Then, your going to want to rejet the carb smaller to suit the 4k. something like 130-135 jets and 190-195 air correction is a good starting point.(If you care enough I can find out exactly the jets in my weber, whilst unintoxicated, to give you a starting point)

Once you've decided the carby doesn't do enough, bore the 4k, throw a big cam in, deck the head and drop a set of extractors on. because YOLO, right? (that's right kids, I'm hip as shit)

Tok(e's)

• 2 months later...

Just reading through this and am doing the same. Bought a 32/36 webber off eBay which comes with everything needed apparently. What is a Pcv and will the webber be fine with jetting etc coming as a standard webber off eBay? The engine has a 150A 'fast road' cam (so says Ivan tigh engineering) and a bigport head with all the goods done to that. Would be great to know as I'm fitting it in the next 24hours! :)

It depends what your actually getting with your 32/36 with "everything" needed. Because if its just a standard 32/36 they are generally tuned for 1.8-2l engines (Ford pinto's). I drilled a hole into my 32/36 adaptor and tapped a 5/16th hose barb and just run the PCV outlet into that, mainly to stop the engine spitting oil everywhere (which it does if you don't connect the PCV to vacuum but still have a breather)

• 5 months later...