irokin

10 Years Of Rollaclub

10yfp.png

So, Rollaclub is 10 years old today. There were actually a few dates to choose from. The domain was 10 years old sometime last year and there were a few false starts with lost forums before this one. I think our current forums start date is the most identifiable and most appropriate, and that happened 10 years ago today.

In the next week or two I'm hoping to release a few old versions of the forums so you can see how Rollaclub has changed through the years. Until then you can check out old versions of Rollaclub on the Wayback Machine. I'll also be adding a special 10 year club member banner for members who have been with us that long. Once I've got it setup it'll automatically pop up on your 10 year anniversary.

Thank you to everyone that has made this forum possible, some have moved on to other opportunities, some are still here making it happen. A huge thank you also to all members, past and present, you're what makes the forum what it is.

If you've got any interesting stories about your time on Rollaclub, be it on an event, on the forums or how you found your way here, please share them with us in this thread!

Members dont see this ad

In the next week or two I'm hoping to release a few old versions of the forums so you can see how Rollaclub has changed through the years.

This will probably be late next week as I've got uni exams in a few days. I've got working backups dating back to 2004, believe me it was a challenge to get some of them working again. It's astounding just how much has changed technology wise. I manage to get a very old copy of the forum software and I couldn't manage to get it working on the current PHP/MySQL servers as many assumptions about how they work and syntax had changed.

Anyway I'll be making static copies of a few different forum snapshots to upload once I've got time. If you've got any particular period in time you'd like to see a snapshot of (post 2004) please let me know.

• Upvote 1

Very very cool.

I think its a qutie an achievement to you irokin for keeping it going for so long. Well done!

I think i started browsing around 2005, joined up in 2006 to buy stuff. didnt really start posting much untill 07/08 i reckon.

Yes, I was reading in 06 before joining in 07. Seems to be the way it goes. Here we are in 2013 and this is my 3400th active post.

Congratulations Ben, your commitment is what makes this site so great!

edit, and Dave, thanks for helping me build my red car by buying almost everything I ever sold for the blue car. ;)

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Well done Ben and the rest of your crew :party:

It would be interesting to hear from some of the original guys.

Like a where are they now type of thing.

rob

edit, and Dave, thanks for helping me build my red car by buying almost everything I ever sold for the blue car. ;)

Ahaha i was just thinking about that, man for a while there i was over your place buying crap every 2nd weekend.

I think one of my fondest rollaclub memories was that cruise matty organised many years ago, i still had the old 4k and it was just after i painting the blue car. i was struggling to get up the hill (sunshine coast hinterland) and i had teddy on my tail with the white (?) ke70 with a pretty hot 4k, all i could hear was the twin carbies in my ear as i held everyone up!

Oh and was it Doug that spun out on the dirt road? haha.

Heres an old photo from that cruise.

rollacruise1.jpg

Well done!!

I think I'd have given up on 67 Rolla years ago if not for RC. Thanks Ben, mods and all the helpful (and amusing) members.

Same old story here, read a lot before I ever joined up in 07. Good times and quite an achievement to reach 10. Interesting how things have changed even since 07...

Edited by philbey

Changed a lot even since I joined in 2009. Especially the Brisbane chapter, or lack of it now :P

Dave it was xany that spun his car on the dirt downhill of death and managed to stop safely, albeit backwards. I was leading and heard about it later. I had such a great time that day, great turnout, and the scenery and roads were amazing. There is that one bit of road with banked sweepers through the forest, it was amazing past Kenilworth.

Quote of the day:

"Go the Dattos!"

Will there be cake? or even better party bags?

I'll have some cake for everyone...

Both Teddy and myself would like to have a cruise to mark the occasion at some stage but we're both retarded busy at the moment. We might look to get something going for this in a month or two.

I'll have some cake for everyone...

Both Teddy and myself would like to have a cruise to mark the occasion at some stage but we're both retarded busy at the moment. We might look to get something going for this in a month or two.

This needs to happen. If you need a hand to organise it let me know.