Krems Ke20

kremske20

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

ok,so ive been a bit slack again for last few months, but I managed to get a few weeks with no work so finally got the rest of the car in primer last week, and then the shell painted today, I got a new gun a few weks ago and have been busting to try it out, 1st coat went on awesome, but then the 2nd coat I had a few issues with, the gun was splattering and carrying on, so cleaned it out and it sprayed thinners thru it, went awesome, thinned paint down a little more but still had issues, figured out the cap lid was blocked, lol, then juat as I started the roof the power cut out, no light and ran short on air but power came on just as I got to the end of the roof, its a little peely but will block out and buff up nice, the main thing is, the 1/4 panels are straight as a die!!

anyways, here are some pics, 1st up, the last of the primer then the shell painted!!

DSCF4260_zps677d5451.jpg

DSCF4261_zps0cf13747.jpg

DSCF4267_zps826d57f2.jpg

DSCF4271_zps7e282632.jpg

DSCF4269_zps0100f3a2.jpg

DSCF4274_zpsbafd7d85.jpg

DSCF4275_zpsf8479318.jpg

krem

• 1 month later...

thanks guys, but hit a snag, I wasn't happy with the way the shell came out, bit hard to see but the swage line in the drivers 1/4 panel was a tiny bit wavy and it was giving me the shits, the mrs and some mates couldn't see what I was on about but I could, so I found the need to reblock it so it was straight, lol, and the finish was a bit peely, it would have blocked out and buffed up but since I blocked out the drivers 1/4, I just decided to reblock the rest too!!

I now only have the inside of doors and guards to paint, hang the panels and final sand in 600 and she all good to go, gonna get the dash retrimmed, new carpet, install the new front strut inserts, polish up the trims and put it all back together, hopefully for sale and sold real soon!!

some1 is gonna edn up with a real nice car, ive spent many hrs on this car!!

krem

• 3 months later...

ok, well I had a bit of a go over this xmas and got the car painted, it looks sweet, did get a few bits of dust and a few runs but lm not a pro in a booth and it will buff out anyways, here are the pics off the gun and the next day out in the sun before I started sanding!!

I went over all the rub thru's and bits that looked a bit iffy with some epoxy

DSCF4278_zps5e489a00.jpg

DSCF4282_zps146e34aa.jpg

DSCF4284_zps6ac22310.jpg

DSCF4285_zps54394dc1.jpg

DSCF4291_zpsc1e64dfb.jpg

DSCF4290_zps70d5cc98.jpg

DSCF4288_zpse1a633d5.jpg

3 coats of the original peak white in 2k with 10% reducer on 2bar with my new devilbiss gti prolite, te10 cap, 1.3mm tip, wide open fan, fluid tip all the way out, got a few runs but white is just so hard to see, I did have another 4 twin fluros put in shed so now have 8 in total!!

krem

cheers, I have so far managed to get it all buffed out and waxed, all the front trims painted and reinstalled on the car, however, since no1 wants to ship anything they are selling on here, some of the trims will be either missing or broken, the new owner of the vehicle when I sell it can organise that, it will most likely goto the mainland anyways andparts are easier to find over there, if I do manage to find what I need I will be replacing the broken bits, but I'm just about at the end of my budget, on the hunt for some new carpet and a few rubbers that were no good and I think that will be pretty much it!!

krem

any early stuff??

at the moment I need a rear seat belt, a passenger side indicator garnish and indicator, drivers side indicator (my garnish is good), both head light surrounds, the little plastic side reflectors that go in the taillights (early model)and so far that's all for now til I find more while I'm reassembling

krem

• 3 weeks later...

ok, just a quick update, no pics as camera was flat but its so close to being finished (well as far as I plan to go with the car) so will just wait and put up the finished pics

new carpet has arrived, all the glass is in, new bailey channel in doors, waiting on new door rubbers and a few other bits to turn up so can finish putting interior back in,

I painted the grill and all the front trims in satin black, it looks great from front on but looks a bit "off" from the side where the garnish bits come around the guards so I got some "titanium" looking paint mixed up and will do the headlight surrounds, garnish pieces, the air dams at the bottom of the windscreen and taillights in this color, hopefully it will look a treat!!

put in a new antenna and repainted the corolla badges for the front guards, polished up the gutter trims and put them on, its all starting to look great!!

so hopefully in the next week or so, it will be all back together and up for sale, so get ya cash out fellas!!

krem

ok, its nearly done and dusted,

new carpet and rear seat back in

DSCF4295_zpse8c52c4c.jpg

DSCF4296_zps2775ad21.jpg

new door rubbers and bailey channel

DSCF4300_zps8af7d701.jpg

and just a couple to show how she is looking!!

DSCF4298_zps938a08b7.jpg

DSCF4294_zpsd8fb97f5.jpg

I have resealed the front and rear screens with some non hardening sealant, so all I have now is to wait for the gear boot rubber to arrive, paint taillight surrounds and install them, new wiper blades and install wiper arms, put some finishing touches around the handbrake, polish and install the stainless trim along the bottom of the sill panels, clean it all up and sell it to some lucky person with some cash!!

krem

lol, I will if you buy it!!

actually I thought of painting the whole section where its horizontal on the top of the door return (where the rubber piece goes on the outside of the window) and follow that line around the rear side windows, up under the stainless trim on the gutter, but that's as far as I got!!

I didn't really think of just painting the b pillar, might look into it, I should paint the bit on the bootlid black as it was aswell but I thought that looked pretty shit so might just leave it white!!

I got my new rubbr gearboot surround in on wed, just the taillights, rear bumper and a few bits and pieces to go and she all ready for a wash and get up for sale!!

krem