4Ac Stalling Issue

Just had another look at your Pic & of your Vacuum delete !! looks like you have No chimney off your exhaust manifold for the Stove pipe to connect to & you probably don't have any vacuum source for the air cleaner hot air flap now either .. None of those existing vacuum lines actually robbed power or the like they just make the car run better !! Do you still have the Vacuum advance connected to your Carby ?? If it was me I would be going down to the wreckers & see if you can get a chimney off a exhaust manifold to fit your car & hook up a vacuum source & a Vacuum delay valve to your air cleaner housing & fit a stove pipe too ..

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

The car has extractors so the stove pipe and all the stuff associated with it has been removed. I discovered that the car had the wrong coil which I have since replaced with the appropriate one. I've also started running it on 98. For the record, everything replaceable within the ignition system has been replaced. Figure out something today, not sure if its normal or not but the picture below will help explain.

IMAG2697_zps94519ae8.jpg

The Green line shows the level in the window when the car is running nice, the red line shows where the fuel sits while it is running badly. This is at least what i have observed over the past few days anyway. Also on the first start up of the day, the engine makes a pretty loud ticking noise which by the sounds of it is coming from the fuel pump so I'm suspecting 30 years of service has taken its toll. The noise definitely doesn't come from anywhere else, the old screw driver on the ear trick backs up this theory. So i think I'm slowly getting closer to a solution.

• 2 years later...

My 4afc use to stall when cold. The auto chocke was seized and The inlet manifold gasket was poked. Its not a hard fix but you may have to take the head off meaning head gasket as well as intake and exhaust gaskets. While your in there polish the ports and remove carbon from your pistons and valves.

Edited by smaccas1411

• 1 year later...
On 13/06/2013 at 9:43 AM, Willacy70 said:

There is no issue when the car is cold and the choke is still on. it is when the choke comes off and the car is warm that is doesn't want to idle. It is intermittent as well which is annoying. I will try and post a video later on to show better what the situation is.

Had the same problem replaced faulty fuel pump and all good