George - The Ke18 Wagon Has A New Home

AussieSteve

Hi Guys and Girls,

Just thought I would share some pics of my new ol school ride I bought last week from a guy here Reed, nice guy. He was pretty emotional about selling the car. And I know why.....I love it!!!

Future plans are to upgrade engine to possibly 4AGE 20V, new wheels (14 inch), full respray and suspension upgrade. Would like some suggestions for hot wheels for the KE18 (pics welcome).

So far all I have done in the past 10 days is clean the shit out of it and polished the chrome (Cut and machine polish next weekend). Ordered a new OMP steering wheel and quick release.

Hope you all enjoy these pics I took today. PS: Yes Reed I'm looking after him...... :y:

Cheers,

Steve

(The RollaClub regulars know the details but here goes.)

- It's a 1969 2 door Corolla KE18 wagon.

- Engine is a 4K from an KE70.

- Gearbox is also KE70 5 speed.

- Rising Sun roof decal professionally fitted.

- Thermo fan

- Extractors to stock exhaust (quiet)

- Lowered 2" blocks in rear with KE70 top hats in front.

- 13x7 +10 Dragway Wheels with 175/50 tyres.

- SAAS woodgrain steering wheel and gear knob.

(New OMP steering wheel and quick release ordered and fitting soon)

- Temp, tacho and volt gauges.

- H4 semi sealed headlights with mesh covers.

- Bullet style fender mirrors.

- Darkest legal tint all round.

- Re-trimmed interior, not perfect but still damn good looking.

(headliner is original and a bit ratty).

- Original TEQ key!

- Old style roof rack.

- KE35 retractable seatbelts.

IMAG0415.jpg

IMAG0416.jpg

IMAG0417.jpg

IMAG0418.jpg

IMAG0420.jpg

IMAG0422.jpg

IMAG0423.jpg

IMAG0429.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

IMAG0431.jpg

IMAG0434.jpg

IMAG0436.jpg

Edited by AussieSteve
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Ha yeah Reed.......didn't realise George was from NSW until I spotted the old NRMA sticker on the front windscreen!! So I guess he's come home.

Drove from Ballina to my place on the Sunday and George was rock solid, never missed a beat.

Hey Reed I'll give you a call sometime soon if that's ok? No biggy, just need a favour as discussed before with your mate Luke I think. I'll text you in the next couple of days. Thanks again.

Got that S14 yet??

Nice Steve, came up great with a good clean up. Good to see it back on here and in safe hands, as I'm sure a lot of people are considering how many of us have owned it ;)

agreed mate..!

one of my not so smart ideas was getting rid of her...

welcome, Steve..!

look after our baby

:-)

agreed mate..!

one of my not so smart ideas was getting rid of her...

welcome, Steve..!

look after our baby

:-)

I will Nerf......that was always the plan. And thanks for the welcome.

Still trying to sell the 70. More difficult than I expected, unless I wanna be bent over and reamed.

Yeah it's a pain when your keen to by a new project, but you need an old project gone first. Good luck.

Edited by AussieSteve

Such a cool car mate, plans sound good. I will be watching :)

Thanks man, Your ride has progressed nicely over the years too. Like the rims....I'm hangin to get some old school JDM style rims with lotsa chrome and dish (14")......any suggestions?

Trying to get 14's in 4 x 110 will be hard unless you buy some new ROH Superlite Wheels. I owned this car twice, first time in the late 90's as a stock 3k with the Toyoglide then in about 2003 sporting a shiny red paint job, 5 speed, 7k efi and Sprinter front discs.I gave it a very good cut and buff, re trimmed the interior, added the sunvisor and fender mirrors and the old skool 13" alloys. I could'nt sell it with the 7k so i put a mild 3k back in it.

Funny..i was in Balina only a few days ago!.

post-834-0-99002800-1371120871_thumb.jpg

post-834-0-15264300-1371120956_thumb.jpg

post-834-0-89694500-1371121058_thumb.jpg

Good luck with finding them in 4x110. I was considering putting KE30 axles in the rear (need to be shortened) and KE55/70 hubs on the front (or AE86/XT130 struts) to convert to 114.3. Then you have the ocean of wheels to choose from. If you go ahead with the 20V or something with some good torque you'll need to upgrade the diff anyway.

In the mean time hunt around rotary forums as a lurker and check their sales threads. Thats where I found the Dragways as the early Mazda stud pattern is the same.

Or widen the steel wheels, That'd be cool.

Trying to get 14's in 4 x 110 will be hard unless you buy some new ROH Superlite Wheels. I owned this car twice, first time in the late 90's as a stock 3k with the Toyoglide then in about 2003 sporting a shiny red paint job, 5 speed, 7k efi and Sprinter front discs.I gave it a very good cut and buff, re trimmed the interior, added the sunvisor and fender mirrors and the old skool 13" alloys. I could'nt sell it with the 7k so i put a mild 3k back in it.

Funny..i was in Balina only a few days ago!.

Wow, George has been around!! Thanks for the history lesson Gav........

Good luck with finding them in 4x110. I was considering putting KE30 axles in the rear (need to be shortened) and KE55/70 hubs on the front (or AE86/XT130 struts) to convert to 114.3. Then you have the ocean of wheels to choose from. If you go ahead with the 20V or something with some good torque you'll need to upgrade the diff anyway.

In the mean time hunt around rotary forums as a lurker and check their sales threads. Thats where I found the Dragways as the early Mazda stud pattern is the same.

Or widen the steel wheels, That'd be cool.

Thanks for the info Reed, I'll snoop around the Mazda forums. Cheers mate.

How much its changed since i've owned it... Wish I had the spare cash to buy it back :)

Hi David.....jesus this car has had more partners than my ex!!!

I'm lookin after it now.......I'm thinkin it could be for a good while too. Lovin the car. Gets heaps of attention.