Shirobozu Ke30 - Video Done Page 6

shiryo

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

New front wheels arrived this week from Japan. SSR MK2s...14x7.5-6 in size. Should sit nice with a couple degrees of camber.

20130809_102615.jpg

Need to acquire some shank nuts for them and hardware to replace rusty nuts and bolts, then paint centres gold. That's the mission for the next fortnight whilst I wait for my new T3 LCAs and Tension rods to arrive.

Also looking at getting new tyres all round as the current Kumhos are pretty subpar.

Edited by shiryo

Thanks dude, love your little 30.

Bought some shank nuts. They didn't fit. I filed the holes out on the wheels. Now they fit. Me win.

Also managed to buy all the new hardware for the wheels, so I can finally get rid of those horrible rusty items over the next couple of nights.

Painting the centres is next to attend to and if funds permit, getting new Falken tyres all round.

Edited by shiryo

Thanks mate.

This is just my daily run around car, and as cool as I think it is, I don't love it enough to give it my usual OCD treatment that the Nissan receives.

It is what it is I guess.

Also found some old macro pics I took amongst some new average mobile phone shots.

Side shot. Bam.

Front wheels to be replaced soon at long last. Will be for sale as a set, so PM me if keen.

1069268_402574133197659_918461963_n.jpg

My current rear wheels after I cleaned them up and repainted the centres.

These will need rebarrelling as they've seen better days and the chrome is lacklustre.

20130712_220338.jpg

When I had the coilovers built.

20130712_192502.jpg

Cleaned the lips on the new MK2's this weekend as well as sanded and prepped the centres for painting.

20130818_170812.jpg

Here's some old photos I found floating about.

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

I endeavour to get heaps of new high quality photos soon, however I want the car aesthetically 'finished' to a degree before I do.

Thanks

Edited by shiryo

Just bought a remote boot release kit from Jaycar, so it looks like a spoiler will be on it's way soon to complete my exterior.

My new T3 Adjustable LCAs rocked up this week, so they'll be installed sometime soon along with the new wheels - then it's off for an alignment.

Pics coming.

Here's my new T3 Adjustable LCA's.

20130823_101207.jpg

And the newly painted centres on my MK2's. Bolts now installed since then too.

20130820_212724.jpg

Thanks Chris.

Yup, just ke30 struts. Strut housing was shortened 2inches and the wetleg inserts were done much the same.

Spring rate is 5.6kg from memory. I like the way the car handles, it's a pretty raw feeling.

There's essentially no body roll and the slight camber up front helps heaps with turn ins.

Ideally it should be raised a bit as there's next to no suspension travel but having an s13 you grown accustomed to little or no luxuries.

Edited by shiryo

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks heaps guys, means alot Adam.

Doogs I'm not too sure about postage cost off my head, though I do remember it being more than what I would have preferred to have paid.

That being said, everything I've purchased through T3 has arrived in about a week from day of order and packaged well so that's pretty nice.

Still haven't got around to getting new photos, the girl has been off the road for a week now. I installed my new T3 LCAs to have the toe settings hate me.

Bought some RA40 tie rod tubes and new tie rod ends whilst things were apart and slapped them in too, and dialed back the arms for a bit more for sensible amount of camber as opposed to the stupidity of how I'd originally adjusted it.

New wheels had tyres swapped onto them from my old rims and were put on, sits peachy with about -2 camber which is ideal for daily duties.

Getting a proper alignment done this weekend.

Ordered new guard indicator lights as mine were mismatched as well as a boot spoiler to complete my Shakotan appearance.

That's about it really, hopefully photos soon.

Thanks.

Edited by shiryo