Shirobozu Ke30 - Video Done Page 6

shiryo

Members dont see this ad

So it turns out my mate Jono has gone completely AWOL on the video project.

I'm by no means skilled in filming or editing but I figure I might as well have a crack at it, so I've officially started that this weekend.

Hopefully will have it done soon enough as I've been giving it a few hours of my time each night.

I literally have no idea what I'm doing whatsoever, but I think it's coming along somewhat ok right now.

A couple of weeks back driving to work I heard a loud crack from the front end of the car.

Wheel bearings had shattered completely haha. I'm surprised I managed to get to work safely at all.

My brakes have been long overdue for attention too, so I figured I might as well do those seeing as the car is for sale.

The old girl now has new:

- front rotors

- front pads

- front wheel bearings

- front seals

Of course, things usually happen in 3's, so of course my steering idler arm bush completely flogged out.

This left me with a 90degree turn either way of deadzone. Another terrifying experience really.

I've always been about reliability and maintenance before modifcations and aesthetics, it'll always take priority.

So today, I purchased these:

- new steering idler arm

- new inner tie rods

20140227142940948.jpg

I'll slap these in tomorrow and get the car re-aligned once again and she'll handle like magic once more.

After that's done, pretty much everything in the front end would have been replaced except the swaybar link bushes, which are fine.

Btw, making this video is making me sad and I don't want to sell her. Stupid video.

Thanks guys.

Edited by shiryo

YAY VIDEO TIME!

I've never filmed anything before or tried my hand at editing so I found this rather difficult to do.

Didn't have any real fancy equipment to do this: just plenty of love and Red Bull.

Hopefully you think it's okay. :)

http://vimeo.com/87976548

Edited by shiryo

Well done great video. Like how you had the variance in music, and great to see the Vic boys and gals getting some exposure. At what time did you do that scene in the Eastlink tunnel (Mullum Mullum)??? Just coz I have NEVER seen it with no cars!!

Thanks for the kind words Rob. That scene was done on a Tuesday night at about 1am, so it was practically dead then.

In sad news, car is now sold and on it's long journey interstate. God speed, ShiroBozu, God speed....

End of an era.