How Big A Job?

Dirtymonkey

Members dont see this ad

It's a big, big job. Expect to dismantle your KE70 entirely and graft an entire other cars' worth of driveline, suspension and brake components and wiring into it.

Expect to do large amounts of custom fabrication, cutting and welding and repositioning and re-welding.

Expect to spend, 10, 15, 20 thousand dollars and 1 or 2 years on the project.

Expect to never drive it on the street.

I've rarely seen a KE70 sell for more than a couple of thousand dollars. It's not worth it. Buy a car with that engine already.

Alternatively, if you're new to this - try a 5K or 7K conversion. Fit it with extractors, improve the carburetion. If you're real keen - pop the head off, get it shaved and ported and throw in a reground cam.

Keep it real!

• Upvote 1

My mother in law had a man come to her house and quote on putting an additional window in her bedroom, after a quick look he turned to her, and with a stern, yet sympathetic tone he said "Big job lady"

Now i am unsure if you are a lady or a man, but the reality is, the same applies.

Big job.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/12009-1JZ-in-a-KE70

If you can get the to the toymods link in my post in that thread. That will show you what you need to do.

That car was for sale a while ago, dunno if it sold, but for the price he was asking you coudlnt build half of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mate these guys are right big big job just finished my 6cy conversion in my ke20 and i can tell you first had alot of money and time you will need and a good fab man but in saying that when done it looks crazy and power to weight of a turbo 6 in small car is :0