Classic Japan 2013 - Sunday 1St December - Como Park, South Yarra

carbonboy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great to be able to put a face to a forum name te27, kinda-awkward-but-funny when you're talking to someone & realise which forum username the person you are talking to is (on my behalf). :lol:

For the record parrot & silverra23, neither of you are getting old, I'm a little younger & I agree. Not that what the car has isn't kinda cool, just a time & a place for things & I think they realised pretty quickly that CJ is neither. ;)

Please don't hate me becausenissan, but this was my personal favourite car of the show.

1016881_10151822913006943_1261149912_n.jpg

A very close second...remove the GT-R badge, put as sedate wheels on it as the brakes allow & noone would really guess there's an RB26 with a decent sized single under the bonnet.

62333_10151822895121943_1461598111_n.jpg

A close third.

1476150_10151822920001943_945521041_n.jpg

I could keep going, but as has been mentioned, there is a ton of photos that you can find on the Classic Japan Facebook Page, the other 300+ I took can be found here: https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Thankyou to the TCCAV organisers/everyone who attended/donated/displayed their vehicle/helped out throughout the day. It's cliched I know but I don't care, without everyone's support this event doesn't happen. If it keeps going at this rate, CJ 2014 will officially blow my mind. I look forward to this. :yes:

Edited by carbonboy

Cheers carbonboy it was great to meet you , I was . My brother in law is building a 240 k like the black one u posted here. I will be helping him build the car.

The bass on that car gave me a headache. And I thought it was the sun giving me a headache. When I seen the car I thought it was some elaborate hydroponics setup lol

This was a very well run, organised and attended event. Congratulations to you all for the awesome job you all did. I hope you also raised plenty for the Fred Hollows Foundation.

It was awesome to be able to get my Group A Skyline in as well, and thank you all so much for allowing me some leeway to get the car in. A bit dirty sorry after Winton the day before. Amazing the poeple that thought it was a replica though, I loved telling them it was the real deal.

You guys should be really proud of what you acheived. It was bloody fantastic.

Excellent photos Adam! Also, thankyou for taking a photo of Blue Thing, pretty sure only you & I did. :lol:

My brother in law is building a 240 k like the black one u posted here. I will be helping him build the car.

This sounds awesome, so, we'll see it there next year? ;)

This was a very well run, organised and attended event. Congratulations to you all for the awesome job you all did. I hope you also raised plenty for the Fred Hollows Foundation.

It was awesome to be able to get my Group A Skyline in as well, and thank you all so much for allowing me some leeway to get the car in. A bit dirty sorry after Winton the day before. Amazing the poeple that thought it was a replica though, I loved telling them it was the real deal.

You guys should be really proud of what you acheived. It was bloody fantastic.

Thankyou for the kind words Carolyn & thankyou also for coming along! The dirt from Winton only adds to the authenticity as far as I'm concerned, means it's being used rather than sit in a museum or something. Not that that's a bad thing, just better being used for what it was built for IMHO. :)

I had another play with MovieMaker & put together a little walk-around of the day. Four hours of car show condensed into just under eleven minutes, if you're game, sit back, relax & enjoy.

One gripe was the mighty boy with the plumbing setup attached to his stereo......

Couldn't agree more, car shows are not the place for that crap.

Luke I agree with your comments on that Skyline, awesome build but it really needed some more tasteful wheels.

Awesome event, how long now till next years? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick bit of news: The Toyota Car Club of Australia is proud to announce that from our recent Classic Japan event, we have raised $4,000 that will be heading to the Fred Hollows Foundation. This money will go towards restoring the sight of 160 people. A massive thankyou must go out to all our sponsors, volunteers & all of you who came along, donated, had a great day & made all of this possible.

:2thumbs: