Ke70 Panno Build

Angus_257

Been a while now since ive posted anything, but is understandable with the status it is in atm, the poor old girl went over pitts for a full vehicle inspection about a month ago, came out with a double defect, for frayed front brake hoses and a wobble in the passenger side front wheel, (steering rack end) and this is were it is sitting for now until i buy some new parts to take it back over again...

post-18971-0-45815300-1379058728_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and another minor setback, and the biggest de-motivator is that coming back from Adelaide the day before the inspection something went bang in the motor.. compression test came up 30psi in the first cylinder so if anybody has a spare 4k laying around that they wanna sell let me no :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Good work so far mate!

$30 for brake hose and $150 for tie rod end and wheel bearing kits (do both sides). While your there though you may as well rip the 4k out for access and put $500 into replacing all the bushings, joints, brakes, suspension etc on the front end.

Edited by jay_howie

well, my luck hasn't been real good these last few months, makes me want to just give up on all this shit, my new daily that i posted the photo of a few days ago, here's what it looks like now. :clover:

Stolen and burnt haha really was a shame considering how reliable it was, and the air con worked :((

now i need to find another daily, if anybody has anything reasonable and cheap in SA let me know!

post-18971-0-07426600-1380418881_thumb.jpg

post-18971-0-96617700-1380418916_thumb.jpg

post-18971-0-67344700-1380418951_thumb.jpg

Back into my fully enclosed shed to rip the old motor out and replace it with another standard 4k out of a mates ke70, he said i could have it if i help him with a 4age conversion, and take it out myself, which is a pretty good deal seeming that i will have some further experience and knowledge to do the conversion to my panno :) have also ordered the rack ends, wheel bearings and brake hoses needed for its next inspection.

if theres anything else i notice that needs replacing while I'm at it, it will definitely be done!

so keen to be driving this beauty again soon :)

post-18971-0-51445700-1380622590_thumb.jpg

post-18971-0-05547500-1380622620_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

finally some actual progress!! got the donor car on Saturday and took both motors out ready to swap over, had no idea how many differences there was with an ADM Ke70 and a JDM one, engine looms plugs clips + most boltons are different which is annoying but its almost ready to go back in! heres some pics :thumbsup: (sorry about the crap photos still haven't got around to getting a new phone)

post-18971-0-82056400-1388909901_thumb.jpg

post-18971-0-21834300-1388909914_thumb.jpg

post-18971-0-46898100-1388909934_thumb.jpg

got it all in and running sweet, only issue ive had is got it registered on permit, put in a full tank of fuel drove for about 10 mins and the oil light came on 8/ but luckily it was just the sender!! but definatly scared the crap out of me! did about a 450km drive in it last night and went sweet apart from the diff being the loudest whining thing ever, i have an ae86 here with an s series in it so i will swap out the centres and hopefully its alright, pitts should be soon and it will finally be cleared of the defects FINALLY! and as for selling my donor ke70, thats not going to happen after looking under it and finding king springs and all new nolethane bushes throughout :D

• 3 weeks later...

well ive gotten sick of the diff whining, so loud and annoying, id rather the sound of a v6 commodore with no exhaust droning down the highway at 110. (yes ive been there done that) so I'm going out and taking the diff centre out of my parts car in 45 degree heat and gonna swap them over finally!

post-18971-0-76046900-1390891663_thumb.jpg