Tacho Install Ke30 (Pics)

jader

Recently installed a 2" tacho in my ke30.

This is the one i got from ebay for $30 + $8 postage. "Tachometer 2'' Gauge Wide Sweep 250degree reading 4-6-8 cycl adjustable In Dash" from seller "automotiveblitz". http://www.ebay.com....id=300880814731

IMAG0278.jpgtacho-front-back.jpg

Decided to put it where the clock would normally go

instrument-clock-front-back.jpg

Made up a simple aluminium plate to hold the tacho in place

IMAG0292.jpg

With tacho bolted in

IMAG0296.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

Wired both ground wires and the orange (light) wire to some plugs that would have been used for the clock. Red wire will hook up to plug in photo below, green wire goes to the ignition coil

IMAG0299.jpg

Don't know what this plug is normally used for, but is very handy for the tacho

IMAG0298.jpg

Routing the wire from the dash into the engine bay via this rubber collar was pretty tough, anyone got some tips/tricks for doing this?

IMAG0301.jpg

Blue wire connects to negative terminal of ignition coil (this is the green wire from the instrument cluster)

IMAG0305.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

This post is pretty much what I was looking for when contemplating adding the tacho (since my automotive/electrical skills aren't great), so i hope somebody else finds it useful.

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Nice job. Looks factory!

The rubber collars are usually buggered from years of heat and exposure and you are lucky it didn't tear. Only real option is to push it out from under the dash, but that is just as likely to tear it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Routing the wire from the dash into the engine bay via this rubber collar was pretty tough, anyone got some tips/tricks for doing this?

The easiest way is to get a stiff straight bit of wire (cut the bottom length of a coathanger) and file the ends so they aren't sharp anymore. Poke it through the grommet between the existing loom, then tape the electrical wire/wires you want to run though to the end of the 'coat hanger' wire and pull it through.

Coat hangers are great for anytime you need a straight piece of wire. Wire normally comes in a roll and is a pain to get dead straight.