Are These Two Hoses Connected Correctly?

My38

Here are some pictures of 2 hoses that go on my 4K, with a weber Carby, can any please tell me of they ate connected correctly?

In this photo you can see 2 hoses coming from the top of the rocker cover. The one going the right has been.conmect back into the Carby. And the one going to the left is connected to a small pod filter, (should be connected into the air cleaner)

post-18012-0-32018000-1376556880_thumb.jpg

This photo shows the small pod filter.

post-18012-0-75234900-1376556829_thumb.jpg

This photo shows the hose going to the right connect into the Carby.

post-18012-0-67070400-1376556927_thumb.jpg

can someone please tell me if this is connected up right and if not then what is wrong and how should it be fixed :)

cheers

Members dont see this ad

The hose that goes to the Carby, its hard to see is it connected to the carby above or below the butterfly, as It should be below the butterfly & have constant vacuum applied to it & actually its normally runs off a vacuum fitting in the manifold .. The second hose should go into the air cleaner, either through the top or bottom as the way it is now you could get a defect notice as its Venting to the atmosphere the crankcase fumes ..

See if you can buy a plastic 1/2" angle fitting that goes into the air filter top and takes that front hose.

The metal PCV valve in the rear hose closes at idle so any oil fumes then come out of the front hose with its little filter. When you drive, the PCV opens & the fumes get sucked into the manifold to be replaced by fresh air in through your small fitler via the other hose.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231017930038

Its not only a matter of hiding it the crankcase fumes that come out of that filter are the worst fumes a car can expel, I would be putting it into the air cleaner .. You have lost me with the "OS" reference regarding the carby / PCV hose you need to check if its got Vacuum there all the time, the other thing you could do is put a T piece in the vacuum hose to the brake booster & run the PCV hose to that, if you do that put the T piece down near the Manifold ..