My Budget Ae71 Ke70

stu84ke70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got them to fit with RCA's? How? What steering arms are you using? They barely fit without them, you need to mash the end of the LCA to get rotor clearance.

You can't use XT springs. You have to either weld on the stock spring perch or convert to coilovers. Or I suppose you could get a new spring made to suit.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

You got them to fit with RCA's? How? What steering arms are you using? They barely fit without them, you need to mash the end of the LCA to get rotor clearance.

You can't use XT springs. You have to either weld on the stock spring perch or convert to coilovers. Or I suppose you could get a new spring made to suit.

I'm using stock ae71 steering tubes,tierod ends with xt130 steering arms.

Edited by stu84ke70

Everyone say's that the xt130 strut is an upgrade and they bolt straight in, but the ae71 top spring retainer does not fit the xt130 spring (even if you flip the spring) and the xt130 spring fouls the shock towers?.So what do you use the stock ae71 spring, don't know what to do now, I feel that I have wasted my money buying this setup any help would be appreciated or advice from someone that has done this conversion.

Edited by stu84ke70

What steering arms are you using?

They do bolt in, unfortunately they also need to be modified. You can use the original Corolla spring but it wont seat properly on the lower perch and you may need to wire it in. I didnt have this problem as I converted/shortened mine into coilovers.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

What steering arms are you using?

They do bolt in, unfortunately they also need to be modified. You can use the original Corolla spring but it wont seat properly on the lower perch and you may need to wire it in. I didnt have this problem as I converted/shortened mine into coilovers.

Everything is stock ae71 gear apart from the steering arms and the struts, brakes and hubs

Edited by stu84ke70

Well you will be fine to bolt it all in apart from the spring. The steering arms make you lose lock, the steering will be slower but it will be far lighter.

Yeah my plan is to cut and shut the steering arms to get my lock back, now to work out what spring to use.