Engineer Workshops In Perth

Chalk

Members dont see this ad

It's a little bit dicey to do. These companies are probably realising that and don't get back to you due to legal implications.

You are a bit better off jumping on all the 4k assosciated groups and waiting for a genuine light one to pop up.

I've seen the effects of lightened stock flywheels letting go, it's not pretty, guess where it all ends up!

I know a guy who does some machining as a bit of a hobby, based in Forestfield, uses manual machines but produces pretty good work, reasonable price too. Drag racer playing with rotaries, so understands motorsport. You'd have to find someone willing to balance it for you afterwards. I'd stick to the old principles, no less than 13mm thick through where the clutch drives. Take as much from the outside of the wheel as you can, leaving plenty of thickness for where the pressure plate bolts on, big radii at all changes in direction. This link is for a Datsun, but same principles apply Link

:hmm: to think I gave away lighten flywheels back in NZ all the time, should've kept my spare parts.... :bash: cheers for the help guys, i have found one place that will bring it down to 7kg an balance it, but they want $450+ :wtf: might look at getting my old engineer in NZ to do a few and ill crate them over :D

I can take it work and get our guys to do it.......you will need to sign a disclaimer tho exempting everyone on the planet of any liability...blah blah.

Ive run heaps of them lightened..some I even machined myself.....never had and issue and have both feet to prove that lol

pm me if your interested