Ke20 Swaybar Options.

crunk81us

Looking for info on ke20 swaybars,

pic of it turning now (trying to anyway):

bodyroll_zps9c1367d1.jpg

ok so i did touch the gutter but it looks pretty much like that anyway..

my searching has an uncovered an unconfirmed "ta22 celica bolt in" and "the standard ta22 is a good cheap upgrade"

If the ta22 is a "bolt in" (or close to it) I am wondering whether it would be worth looking at an upgraded ta22 one from whiteline?

or what are you running?

options from whiteline 20mm, and 24mm 4 point adjustable (making it 23-26mm strength)

I'm thinking the 24mm is overkill.

my situation:

ke20 4age, will be running coilover ae86 strut, hopper stoppers kit,195 45 15 semi slicks for street use and for motorkhanas, street sprints, maybe hill climbs etc. I am more interested in the sport side of things not how nice it is on the road.

currently has standard borgy rear end standard springs with inverted leaf. sits low and level with kings lowered in front , going to shortened hilux diff with arb air locker, and will work out the rear end a bit better after that..

Members dont see this ad

Yeh that's right whiteline don't list/make them anymore.. It's a shame they used to do a complete suspension upgrade for the ke2x I remember reading about the development of it in a magazine a decade + ago..

Thanks for the addco link. I hadn't found anyone who made them at all!

I did think about running 2 standard bars, but I would prefer a more legal, unmodified look.

Call Signature Sway Bars in Nowra NSW, he will make you a sway bar to suit your car, using the hopper stopper kit has given some people problems when turning full lock as the caliper hits on the sway bar. He made mine to suit the hopper stopper kit and its brilliant, plus relatively cheap for a custom one.

do they have a jig or something, or do i need to send them mine? I'm in qld..

I ran a 19mm from a celica .... RA23 I think. That was a bolt in, although I did have different LCA's. Pretty sure it would work with the standard LCA's too.

With 275lb springs on the front (coilovers) it was pretty good. Had an extra leaf on the rear, but with the panhard rod the leafs did spring work, not lateral work, so they felt much stiffer when under lateral load than those who don't have a lateral locating device.

Ended up putting in a 22mm one in (and made it adjustable) when I changed it to Rack and Pinion. Even on the track it was slightly too stiff with pretty good road tires. But obviously on the street the inital turn in was very quick.....not followed by understeer. On the track it would understeer too readily. Never ran a rear bar.

Hope that helps.

If you do a search for 3sge KE25, you should find a few pics of the bar. .

Not sure which way he would go. He has thousands of configurations and makes them all by hand. Because mine was a mix and match front end he came to my house (lucky for me we are both in the same town). I know he has made quite a few ke20 bars so just give him a call and he will let you know what he needs from you. His name is Todd Selby. Don't forget to mention you have larger calipers and need a little extra clearance.

I just put a Ta22 bar onto my ke20. I had a minor issue with the bend in the return leg on each side

of the swaybar fouling on the caster rods but I got around it by using slightly longer link bolts and bushes.

I have king springs but everything else is 100% standard. Maybe the RA23 bar would have

been a better fit?

I would have gone the aftermarket bar if there was one available...

makes a noticeable improvement, I have a hillclimb this weekend so will know more after that.