4A-Fc Fuel Pump (Mechanical) Info? 1994 Carb

no eye deer

Hey fellas,

I have a 1994 Corolla ae93 with the carby motor. My fuel pump is leaking oil. Yes - oil:). Does anyone know if they are "rebuildable"? If not (which I expect) , can anyone tell me where I might get one? I have looked on Ebay, but nothing. Are secondhand ones any good?

I havent pulled the pump as yet, so don't know where the oils coming from. Apparently its pretty common?

Thanks fellas

Mark

Members dont see this ad

From my own personal experience with A-series engine mechanical fuel pumps, don't waste your time with second-hand. Buy a new one if it is not just the gasket that is leaking oil. Most auto-parts stores will have one or be able to order one in. :y:

Edit: It may pay to check exactly where the leak is coming from, save yourself some headaches & grief!

Edited by carbonboy

• 2 weeks later...

You can, but you'd have to include an electrical circuit with relay/fuses etc to not only run the pump, but to turn it off in the event of an accident for instance. May also need to fart about with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to get things right. I myself wouldn't & didn't bother, not when a new one for a 2A/4A-C cost me $72 from Repco not long ago.

Got a photo of said fuel pump?