Ae92 Seat Belts

V8Pnut

Hi guys, hope you can help. My daughter has an AE92 Seca 1989 and was having problems with both front seat belts not unlocking from the retracted position making impossible to put the belts on. I bought 2 good second hand ones and now the drivers belt is acting up again. It worked OK for a couple of days and now not. What do you suggest? Are the belts specific to left and right hand side?

Members dont see this ad

Hello, it sounds like either your very unlucky with seatbelts or they are fitted incorrectly(which is impossible to do in a seca).If the retracting mechanism is not at the correct angle/position,it will keep locking up(try unrolling a seatbelt when it's not fitted to a car,bloody hard to do,unless held in the right position).

Having said that,I can't see how it could be incorrectly fitted to a seca...they only bolt in one way.

I believe the seatbelts are strictly left and right but I haven't tested the theory.

If you want to try your luck on another second hand set,I have a set of front and rear seatbelts with bolts from a seca for $20 set.

Located at Dinmore,near brisbane qld.

Other seca bits available....rear louvre...door windvisors/weathershields...rear bumper...tail lights etc.

PM me if your interested.

Thank you...skip.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they are definitely left & right sided. the locking ratchet goes one side only. i can usually get them re-webbed and repaired (and re-certified) thru work. as a professional mechanic, i would never fit a used belt due to risks of not working correctly. as a private home repairer you might be happy with that risk

Edited by terryo