Wrx Vs Legnum

abbott

hey guys, sorry to bring something so non toyota related to the forum but know there is a lot of knowledgable blokes on here

basically I'm looking for an AWD wagon that has some balls. my main two contenders at this stage are late 90s and early 2000s wrx wagons and also the vr4 legnum. this is just due to my budget and being able to get a fairly low km car for that price.

just want to know from people's experience are legnums reliable and are they a good car to own? wrxs I have driven a couple and know the common problems.

also if anyone has any other ideas feel free to throw them out there!

cheers!

Members dont see this ad

Hi mate

Consider an early Forester, Legacy or Liberty too.

Insurance for my Forester was near half of what a WRX was at the time.

almost identical drivetrain, almost all interchangeable too

My build thread is in the non toyota rides thread

JIP, also has a sweet Liberty wagon rides thread on here

Hope this helps mate

Edited by nerfbat

I've got a 2000 wrx.

Probably the best car ive driven in terms of being a car for general use. Reasonably fast, oem suspension is awesome, lots of room. Interiour is great quality. Seats are fantastic and hold you in. Parts are everywhere due to the age and how many were sold. And when i drive it i can pretend to be Possum Bourne (RIP :( )

The massive problem with it is the insurance, I'm 26, no incidents and its still around 800 bucks for fully comp insurned for around 8k, and it keeps going up and up each yeah. I asked the insurnace company and they say it goes up because the cars get cheaper younger people can afford them so the risk goes up....BS if you ask me.

Which is why its for sale...