Ben's 4A-Ge Ae71

B-Lugg

Sold the Panelvan to buy a respectable car for work so I could cart clients to and from meetings.

Boss is gunna be pisssssed.

When I bought it.

AE71

Bigport 4AGE --> T50

Jasma extractors --> High flow cat --> High flow muffler. 2 1/4" over diff.

JDM AE86 front with stiff springs and shocks all round.

Z10 Soarer wheels with really grippy Kumho tyres.

Prelude front seats.

Now.

JDM AE86 Coilovers; KYB AGX inserts, 5KG Otomoto springs with Otomoto helpers.

KYB Excel G rear shocks with king springs.

Weds Autobahns 14x7-2 14x7.5-7.5 w/KU31 Kuhmos

MA61 seats

2vup2RO.jpg

4xuVUmE.jpg

xTOBW3a.jpg?1

gbZGjdI.jpg

4myPwra.jpg

Latest -0F4E14P.jpg

Edited by B-Lugg

Members dont see this ad

Good to see you made it the rest of the way alright.. Nice pickup, flat front?

The car far out lasted me that's for sure... We'll see how we go, I don't mind a tidy slant front every now and again. I'm more interested in getting it ready to take it to some track days first.

Exhaust heat shield is awesome

No clue where it came from! There's ever heat mat on the bonnet above the shield... :D

Kumho KU31's. Very good tyre, I'm on my 2nd set and can't fault them.

Good score, looks relatively clean and presentable.

They're nothing close to 100% and they're still loving life, highly contemplating jumping ship from Adrenalins (Hate the spelling Bridgestone gave to them as well)...

My iPod dock broke after 3 years of service, I think I went overkill. (Another tower on the other side of the garage).

3GmKhyr.jpg?1

I have an odd door on the car, so I got to work painting all of the trims on both sides so they all match. The corolla strip is now off and I need to go get a can of paint made up to repaint a section.

BbRqiTr.jpg?1

XvKH66a.jpg?1

This is a photo of the half finished trims, I still need to touch up the centre pillar.

(My brother and I went to the rock pools near my house and ran in to some Uni kids there on a weekend trip. No one had reception and their lift was 5 KM or so down the hill. So I let them all jump in for the 2 minute drive. All 6 of them fit in the back! I couldn't believe 8 people managed to fit into a Corolla.

mcBm7xK.jpg?1

And another cheeky photo, taken today.

nKN9a4N.jpg?1

Very nice! Clean the spokes of the Hurricanes off for a bit of contrast, I have a set in gold that look much better since I did that. I like the black window trim, also on my list to do so its nice to see how it turns out.

Such a shame Toyota never released the car like this! 4AGE, sports suspension, T50, LSD...

Very nice! Clean the spokes of the Hurricanes off for a bit of contrast, I have a set in gold that look much better since I did that. I like the black window trim, also on my list to do so its nice to see how it turns out.

Such a shame Toyota never released the car like this! 4AGE, sports suspension, T50, LSD...

I have a whole lot of body work to get on top of but she looks great from a distance.

By clean you mean sand or something? Like this?

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/J_318/P7020127.jpg

The freshly painted black trim makes a huge difference I think, I'm a big fan.

It really is, but then I suppose there would be a hell of a lot of them and they would be be on par with AE86's with pricing! So in a way I'm quite glad they didn't. I personally much prefer *E7*s to the 86, saying that though, I'd still definitely have one.

They did, the AE86

Where would I place my extra whores with less doors though?

• 4 weeks later...

I went through and cleaned up the bay a little bit, tried do a half arsed tidy of wire bunches with cable ties.

I plan on making the engine bay decent. I have a stainless steel spark plug plate coming as well as lead separators to get rid of the plastic clips.

jVgpdg9.jpg?1

My Mum saw me eyeing of this toolbox a few weeks ago at Bunnings, she came home with it last night for my upcoming birthday! Best mother and present ever!

w77ZVgj.jpg?1