Ben's 4A-Ge Ae71

B-Lugg

All done - I ended up doing the bottom spring first, then pins, then the big top spring. All I had was shitty Trojan pliers made it to be a pain in the arse.

jUvtNzF.jpg?1

Need to bleed and adjust the brakes, remove front wheel well covers to and see if I need to lip my front guards a little, then wheel alignment - Then she's finally good to go. I can't wait to drive the thing again.

Members dont see this ad

Everything in, brakes bled. Odd noises, axle bent, axle in. Perfect, just need to be topped up a little with diff oil.

Calling around tomorrow for a wheel alignment so I'll hopefully make it up to QR on Saturday.

g0EFRNh.jpg?1R1CuTPy.jpg

Nice ride man, looking tidy

Thanks mate. Eagerly watching the progress of your wagon!

Get some colour in those rims! Love the badge!

I think I might just wire brush the shit out of the face of the wheels, they're in shocking condition and have about 8 layers of different colour paint!

A nice set of wheel might be my next purchase :)

I have no clue what the badge is off, but it's a nice touch.

Edited by B-Lugg

I got back under the rear to make sure everything is decent. Topped her all the way up with diff oil as I needed a pump to get it filled.

The diff seems to have a tiny bit of a whine which is insanely annoying, and it seems the axle that I didn't replace is also slightly bent (Same wobbly wheel problem as the other side, just not as bad) You just can't trust anyones word on the condition of a part... ʞ©$ɟing pos.

I also need to go through and adjust my brakes again - turns out i did a horrible job the first time around. I'll re-bleed all round and manually adjust the rear shoes again. Possibly even the right time to go bigger master cylinder. Having no self serve wreckers in reasonable distance will back it difficult to track down the little links that I will need.

Contemplating dumping what little funds I have left to go T series - if my brothers T18 doesn't sell, it's becoming a donor car.

EDIT - I do have one positive though, it rained tonight, with the new suspension and tyres it was an absolute grip monster even in the wet!

Edited by B-Lugg

I had a great day today.

The diff was a little whiny probably because it had old shitty oil in it and I just topped her up with fresh oil to flush it.

Been driving for a fair bit with it to make sure it loosens all the old crap.

Got under it, drained and inspected - all good.

Re-sealed with gasket goo, left for one hour finger tight and returned to tighten.

All good - last bolt to go.

Snapped the head off 1/8 of a turn past tight.

Oh well, ezy out bits will get that shit out.

Pilot hole in, extractor won't grip.

Further pilot hole - drill bit snaps.

Can't get the drill bit out, can't get the bolt out. It's all pretty butchered now.

Gave up for the day after a couple of hours trying to get it out.

This car just doesn't want to be fixed!

My 'new' diff is whining like a bitch and now knocking pretty loud - yay. Time for another diff. Very annoying considering I'm running piss all power.

I don't know if it was just plain old bad luck that this one is giving out as well or these diff just really hate being pushed around bends - I'll probably bang another borgy or something in while I start looking at something else. Hilux conversion seems to be my favoured option at this point. T series is still viable though.

Same thing but with an engine mount bolt. fffffuuuuuuuuuuu

It's one of those things that makes anger grow step by step.

Edited by B-Lugg

• 2 weeks later...

I killed another diff! Struggling to source another in a timely fashion. I'l probably just rip this one out over the weekend and just wait until I source a decent one.

I finally got another damn job so I can now poor income in to the thing instead of going to town on my savings (or what's left of them). Yay, cars. :y:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys - I'm refurbishing some MA61 wheels that I picked up so these will be off shortly, can't wait to see how good they come up.

The car has been running absolutely great lately (touch wood). I removed the T3 short shifter as I found it to be misdirected in the way it shifted and made a hell of a lot of noise, this way there should be less stress on the gearbox anyhow. The diff is still whining it's head off but I have a spare sitting around ready to swap through. I am finally getting around to moving it to QLD rego - I called the guy at modplates.com.au (the guy based in Brissy) He's a really friendly and helpful dude, just have to find the time to head to Brissy to get it all done, from there it's all smooth sailing.

I found this gem today at the shops. Seemingly zero rust, paint was unreal, interior was near perfect and the chrome was shiny. Wish I had the chance to chat to the owner before I left! I love x32 Cressidas.

aW5DTIQ.jpg?1

yHzklvI.jpg?1