Ben's 4A-Ge Ae71

B-Lugg

Members dont see this ad

Called up all of the local powdercoaters and abrasion blasting near me and all told me the same thing - don't blast them.

Soda blasting would work but would be expensive and I'd have to travel to North Brissy.

I'm going to tough it out and do them myself start to finish - I'll appreciate the result much more that way anyway.

true- a nice package overall... If only they had sold that as a KE70 GT.

It would have been great - hopefully when then become extinct someone creative builds them as kit cars. I'd love to have a brand new one when I'm retired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New number plates arrived this week - so I'm finally getting around to modplating and registering the thing.

Modplates are booked in for Wednesday then I will be racing to get a Roadworthy and then slapping the new plates on.

j8DtjuD.png

Found people on the Gold Coast for a great price on the modplating, the lady on the phone also said because I have used a 'standard' component in the process of building the coilovers I may not need a plate for them. However for the point of covering my arse and it being 86 gear, I will have them plated regardless, I'll ask the guy when he comes around regarding that one none the less.

Edited by B-Lugg

That was also my take on it - I was also under the impression if the part wasn't native to the car it had to be plated.

The person I spoke to was definitely under the impression that if the coilover was built around the factory strut then a modplate wasn't necessary.

Keep in mind that she obviously didn't have a plating license as she was a little unsure. I will be getting a definite answer on that one when the guy comes out to have a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely needed to be plated - even the guy issuing my modplates was confused around the point of building a coilover around a factory strut. I'm still under the impression that if it's an altered component it will need a plate - I like being covered regardless.

All mod plated for seats, suspension and engine. $230 all up. Best quote I had on the Gold Coast.

I really want to sink my teeth in to something decent - contemplating buying a motor to build.

Happy snaps

IQ6Jgeo.jpg?2zLGTZK3.jpg?1UFcPRyx.jpg

Edited by B-Lugg

Ummmm, so I don't have any form of proof apart from the word of my two good friends...

But umm - I live right near some really nice winding roads

But ahhhh, an M3 BMW may or may not have initiated some form of chase, and ummm, he got away from me on the straight (absolutely smashed me), but I spent 1-2 kms on his arse while he was hammering it through the bends.

I did some research - it looks like it was a 2012 M3... could be off by a year or two. But the 2012 looks identical to the one I chased. It was burnt orange in colour - nice looking car.

I'm absolutely shattered that I haven't picked up a GoPro just yet - I would have loved to have that on tape.

Carsales ad of same model

Hell, they're only worth 120k+, why would it get away from my 3k+ Corolla?

Nice build man, was a pretty good read. what fuel system do you have? sorry if I missed it. Do you get hassled by cops up there?

Thanks mate, I'm glad!

Just a larger internal fuel pump and new fuel lines - nothing crazy at all. Added anything else wouldn't be to beneficial in this application in my opinion, it would just be overkill on the stock motor.

Personally not at all, I don't drive this car out of the normal daily work commute too often. I've honestly never had an issue with the Queensland Po-Po in any of my corollas. Then again, my cars are never slammed, are well maintained and always somewhere at least close to roadworthy condition.

When's the track day?

My current days off are Tuesday and Wednesday so I'd be looking at lining it up with one of those days or having enough time to get the boss to trade my shifts around.

I'll see if theres any open club days at QR coming up!

EDIT: http://www.qldraceways.com.au/sprints-getting-started

Edited by B-Lugg